M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys had a look at my air cleaner today and these bikes have way too much vibration the one on the right has cracked the plastic i cant get over it havnt heard about this happening with the 109 conversions ???

Attachments

·
Registered
639 Posts
I can't say that I have noticed any unusual vibration on my bike and I have had her from day one. Hate to hear you are having problems and good luck with isolating and correcting the vibration.

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
hi guys had a look at my air cleaner today and these bikes have way too much vibration the one on the right has cracked the plastic i cant get over it havnt heard about this happening with the 109 conversions ???
yep it happened to mine . i reckon the ****ers cracked it at the dealers when they did a service on it and changed the filters.

or i ****ed it when i did they tony mod, one or the other.

But i cant imagine vibration doing it at all.

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
get some of this ****,

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120544372657&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

good stuff we use it heaps at work on plastic parts, sticks like **** to a blanket.

comes in powder and Liquid, as soon as you add the liquid it dries rock hard you can even drill the **** within 10 seconds of bonding. pretty sure the liquid is only supa glue.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it must be the vibration it hasnt been bumped i want to know if anyone else has problems with the vibration my hands go numb all the time and at certain speeds the vibration is that bad that the road looks blurry the dealer told me as allways these big vtwins vibrate :confused:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Vibration

Sorry, haven't experienced any vibration that I would consider excessive or unusual on my 90. I have 5000 on my 09 and consider it one of the smoothest twins I have owned. Doesn't have the ride like the Gold Wing but smoother than any HD I have ever ridden. When I did the 4000 service the only items I had to snug up were the screws on my windshield. And that was very little. The kind of vibration your talking about needs to be checked out. One at the dealer and one independent would be my suggestion. It has been my experience if you let the rpms get too low in any gear you will have excessive vibration, keep the rpms up. Ride safe and ride often...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Vibration

I have had no vibration other than when I accidently "Lug" it in too high a gear?
I find that when you accelerate hard in 4th and 5th it goes through a stage but once the revs are up it is almost turbine smooth!
Use the gearbox a little more?? and REV it. :dontknow:

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
so are you saying that cruizing along in say 4th at 80klm your handel bars and the whole bike doesnt shake mine does i need to take it to a different dealer or find a m90 close so i can compare i do use the gear box and rev it i have had it on the rev limit many times thats not the problem its the bike iam sure but you cant get a test ride in south australia to compare and all the bloody dealers want you to pay money for them to check it

·
Registered
80 Posts
so are you saying that cruizing along in say 4th at 80klm your handel bars and the whole bike doesnt shake mine does i need to take it to a different dealer or find a m90 close so i can compare i do use the gear box and rev it i have had it on the rev limit many times thats not the problem its the bike iam sure but you cant get a test ride in south australia to compare and all the bloody dealers want you to pay money for them to check it
When cruising... use 3rd for 80km/h, 4th for 100km and 5th for 120km/h. It is silky smooth. :D

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
just go to a bike shop in your car tell them your intrested in buying a 90 can you test ride one:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
so are you saying that cruizing along in say 4th at 80klm your handel bars and the whole bike doesnt shake
I don't get shake that bad in any gear...just the normal vibration in the bars and never anything close to my hands going numb or the road going blurry, at 80kmh (50mph) I'm still in 3rd gear though. Your bike should not be vibrating that badly, so you may be in too high of a gear for the speed you're traveling at like d_a_mage suggested.

Out of curiosity, did you put rubber washers on the bolts when you installed the air cleaners?

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
just go to a bike shop in your car tell them your intrested in buying a 90 can you test ride one:bigthumbsup:
you cant do that in south australia the dealers here are pricks

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't get shake that bad in any gear...just the normal vibration in the bars and never anything close to my hands going numb or the road going blurry, at 80kmh (50mph) I'm still in 3rd gear though. Your bike should not be vibrating that badly, so you may be in too high of a gear for the speed you're traveling at like d_a_mage suggested.

Out of curiosity, did you put rubber washers on the bolts when you installed the air cleaners?
no only uesd all the original screw holes and where it bolts to the motor they are rubber mounts

·
Registered
169 Posts
When cruising... use 3rd for 80km/h, 4th for 100km and 5th for 120km/h. It is silky smooth. :D
:agree:. I don't shift into fourth until around 90 km/h when riding easy, although when riding hard not even till 110-120 or more.

Does it vibrate at higher revs too?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Vibes

Unlucky bro ! Mine is smooth as , You might want to check your throttle bodies are in sink , that can cause vibration because one cylinder is doing more work than the other ??
- Would be worth checking

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Unlucky bro ! Mine is smooth as , You might want to check your throttle bodies are in sink , that can cause vibration because one cylinder is doing more work than the other ??
- Would be worth checking
yes it could be that because all the problem i had before with the bike missing and backfireing stopped after i pulled that plug apart and pluged it back in but theres not much i can do because the stealer ship wont check it unless i pay them to do it they have told me that suzuki wont cover the cost because its a timing thing i dont know what bloody suzuki covers under warranty then:'( and if i have to pay for it might cost alot of money $1500 or more

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hi Gav, is this vibration a new problem? why dont u try pulling the tank off unplugging everything and then replugging. Maybe you have a wiring issue?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Okay, first off... I haven't read the whole thread so, forgive me.

My thoughts on this are your vibration isn't any different then everyone elses. I think your problem is a combination of the weight/size of your hypercharger and the plastic mounting bracket you retrofitted from the stock air box.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Just a couple of thoughts. You say the vibration is so bad a certain speeds. Might want to check the following to be sure:

1. Both tires are balanced.
2. Check tires for cupping.
3. Check that motor mounts are not cracked, broke or messed up.

I have a M109R and have NEVER had that much vibration on it. I have 12,000 miles on it and it is still fairly smooth in all gears and speeds. Just some other things I would check.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
checked my mounts for my chargers, all good., cant comment on vibrations

1 - 20 of 36 Posts