M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So two weeks ago (Wed) I was out riding with a couple people and about midnight I watched a guy in white F150 back into my friends bike which fell into mine. This knocked both bikes over. I sustained the most damage, his didn't really have much at all (I guess mine cushioned his fall haha) Anyway the damage: broken cowl, big scratch through ther ear fender, bent rear brake lever, broken floorboard, broke both mirrors, scratch/scuff through the rear wheel, scratch on the rear chrome handle, scuff through the rear hub, and a few other little scratches. Ironically, it didnt touch my sideburner, weird!!! The guy was insured so I told him right from the jump that we will prolly have to go through his insurance because the damage will be much more than his deductible. He initially wanted to just pay out of pocket for the damages. I went the next couple days and got an estimate. At first it was $7600, I mean a stock rear wheel is 1500 alone. Anyway I settled with his insurance company a couple days later for an undisclosed amount. Obviously lower than 7600 (that would have totaled out my bike.

So fast forward a couple weeks. I have not had my coastal moto wheels on a week and I take my bike to work today. First time since I got the new wheels, levers, and caliper relocate. (insurance money well spent in addition to parts to replace what was damaged).

I am an hour from leaving work and I get a call, "Dude I'm sorry I just hit your bike" WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I now have my 1 week old front wheel being sent back to coastal for a new wheel and a smashed up front fender.

Damn, that sucks. What a month for my poor 9!!! :dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

·
Registered
408 Posts
So two weeks ago (Wed) I was out riding with a couple people and about midnight I watched a guy in white F150 back into my friends bike which fell into mine. This knocked both bikes over. I sustained the most damage, his didn't really have much at all (I guess mine cushioned his fall haha) Anyway the damage: broken cowl, big scratch through ther ear fender, bent rear brake lever, broken floorboard, broke both mirrors, scratch/scuff through the rear wheel, scratch on the rear chrome handle, scuff through the rear hub, and a few other little scratches. Ironically, it didnt touch my sideburner, weird!!! The guy was insured so I told him right from the jump that we will prolly have to go through his insurance because the damage will be much more than his deductible. He initially wanted to just pay out of pocket for the damages. I went the next couple days and got an estimate. At first it was $7600, I mean a stock rear wheel is 1500 alone. Anyway I settled with his insurance company a couple days later for an undisclosed amount. Obviously lower than 7600 (that would have totaled out my bike.

So fast forward a couple weeks. I have not had my coastal moto wheels on a week and I take my bike to work today. First time since I got the new wheels, levers, and caliper relocate. (insurance money well spent in addition to parts to replace what was damaged).

I am an hour from leaving work and I get a call, "Dude I'm sorry I just hit your bike" WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I now have my 1 week old front wheel being sent back to coastal for a new wheel and a smashed up front fender.

Damn, that sucks. What a month for my poor 9!!! :dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:
i'm still waiting for my insurance check to get mine repaired, i hope the same thing will not happen to me! :(

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
So two weeks ago (Wed) I was out riding with a couple people and about midnight I watched a guy in white F150 back into my friends bike which fell into mine. This knocked both bikes over. I sustained the most damage, his didn't really have much at all (I guess mine cushioned his fall haha) Anyway the damage: broken cowl, big scratch through ther ear fender, bent rear brake lever, broken floorboard, broke both mirrors, scratch/scuff through the rear wheel, scratch on the rear chrome handle, scuff through the rear hub, and a few other little scratches. Ironically, it didnt touch my sideburner, weird!!! The guy was insured so I told him right from the jump that we will prolly have to go through his insurance because the damage will be much more than his deductible. I went the next couple days and got an estimate. At first it was $7600, I mean a stock rear wheel is 1500 alone. Anyway I settled with his insurance company a couple days later for an undisclosed amount. Obviously lower than 7600 (that would have totaled out my bike.

So fast forward a couple weeks. I have not had my coastal moto wheels on a week and I take my bike to work today. First time since I got the new wheels, levers, and caliper relocate. (insurance money well spent in addition to parts to replace what were damaged).

I am an hour from leaving work and I get a call, "Dude I'm sorry I just hit your bike" WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I now have my 1 week old front wheel being sent back to coastal for a new wheel and now I have a smashed up front fender.

Wow, what a month. :dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:
I cannot say that I understand your pain & frustration, because, honestly, I have not gone thru that. I must say tough, that you have to look at it from the "Bright Side" if there is one; at least your bike is getting hit while is parked and not while you are on it. In other words, it could be a lot worst :dontknow:. Good luck and continue modding that thang8).

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
You bike is a bumper magnet, bro!! Sorry to hear about your rash of bad luck. If there is a bright side, atleast you weren't on the bike either time it was hit.

-Josh

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
u better hide her for the rest of this month....... and DONT play the lotto.. :bigthumbsup:

Be safe! Hope she is back on the road soon.. May isnt that far away! ;)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I mean with the way I have worked I will end up with a much nicer bike. Maybe a small blessing in disguise.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I mean with the way I have worked I will end up with a much nicer bike. Maybe a small blessing in disguise.
You probably will, and eventually you might even qualify for a "Salvage Title." :D:joke: Good luck with putting her back together even better than before:bigthumbsup:.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You probably will, and eventually you might even qualify for a "Salvage Title." :D:joke: Good luck with putting her back together even better than before:bigthumbsup:.
The second hit isn't claimed on insurance. He paid me out of pocket 30 minutes after he hit me. I also have all the picture of the insurance claim
Hit so if I go to sell her I can show the damage and can explain that the cost made it seem much worse that it actually was.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
The second hit isn't claimed on insurance. He paid me out of pocket 30 minutes after he hit me. I also have all the picture of the insurance claim
Hit so if I go to sell her I can show the damage and can explain that the cost made it seem much worse that it actually was.
I am just messing with you :)joke:) was inserted in my statement. I do wish you the best of luck in getting your bike back to riding conditions or even better. BTW, where are you at in TPA?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm in apollo beach and work in st pete. I didn't take offense to the salvage title thing I was just bustin your balls. No worries

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Damn, where you parking that thing?

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I'm in apollo beach and work in st pete. I didn't take offense to the salvage title thing I was just bustin your balls. No worries
I used to work in St. Pete (Tyrone Blvd) but mostly covered South St. Pete from Tropicana Field to near the Skyway (54th Ave S.). Still own property down there and I'll be heading down probably in Mid-to-late August. Wouldn't mind hooking up and probably drink a cold one :beer3: at "World of Beers" in the West-Chase area. Again, Good luck with your Mods :bigthumbsup:.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Yeah, definitely sucks. But as was already said, you'll probably come out better for it, although you're suffering through the down time right now..

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,852 Posts
I think you need to get a yellow bike so they can see it better. :D

Seriously, sorry to hear about all the bad luck but glad you're getting some nicer parts.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well, if nothing else, someone else is getting to pay for your mods. Still sucks when it happens though.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Glad you weren't on it. I hope you get her back and healthy soon. Ride safe.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Man, sounds like my luck! Nearly the same thing happened with my other bike. I fixed it and the same week after the repairs another vehicle turns into my lane. Insurance gave me the money and I repaired it again. That bike is still running today and runs good! Really frustrating though.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
I cannot say that I understand your pain & frustration, because, honestly, I have not gone thru that. I must say tough, that you have to look at it from the "Bright Side" if there is one; at least your bike is getting hit while is parked and not while you are on it. In other words, it could be a lot worst :dontknow:. Good luck and continue modding that thang8).
:agree: that is a very optimistic point of view. i guess if you had to go through what you have been through, the bright side is that it happened while you were parked and both times were able to speak to the person who did it and receive compensation. i'm sure these chain of events have all been really frustrating but they could have been worse if they would have been hit-and-run incidents. or even worse yet, they could have happened while out riding. :eek:

hope you get these incidents behind you and get out and enjoy your bike without any more altercations. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts