M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here I was all set to bring home a new M109R and Kawasaki releases the ZX-14. :realmad:

ZX-14 Road Test

·
Registered
752 Posts
I went through the same thing.

I figure the Hayabusa will get upped in displacement for 2007 and if not I will have a 2nd year ZX14 parked next to my m109.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
L-Train said:
I figure the Hayabusa will get upped in displacement for 2007 and if not I will have a 2nd year ZX14 parked next to my m109.
The new Boosa will be a 2008 model, nothing but color changes for the `07, but that ZX will look good next to your 109R.

A guy at work says his friend owns a Suzuki dealership, we are going there tomorrow, if he gives me a great price I will be riding a black 109R.

·
Registered
178 Posts
L-Train said:
I went through the same thing.

Same here....

I wanted to add a few more years to my life so I went for the M109R. I miss the corners, but love just putting around 30-35 mph comfortably on the new ride :D

The other reason why I didn't get the zx-14 was the looks. I wish it only had one muffler ( I know 2 have less restriction) and those fins on the side turn me off a little...

My old whip on the left............. My cage on the right

·
Registered
426 Posts
Is me or is the ZX14 the UUGGLIEST thing on 2 wheels? I know it 's for tearing a clean hole through the air, but it's like an ugly girlfriend. If I can't stand how she looks then I don't want a ride no matter how she performs. Can't understand how someone would be looking at the M109R and that thing as well. Talk about Beauty and the Beast...

·
Registered
162 Posts
slowpoke387 said:
Is me or is the ZX14 the UUGGLIEST thing on 2 wheels? I know it 's for tearing a clean hole through the air, but it's like an ugly girlfriend. If I can't stand how she looks then I don't want a ride no matter how she performs. Can't understand how someone would be looking at the M109R and that thing as well. Talk about Beauty and the Beast...
Everyone said the same thing about the busa when it came out. :D

·
Registered
898 Posts
slowpoke387 said:
hmm ..... for me..... it's a bad azz lookin mo fo.... i would ride one in a heartbeat but i prolly never will cause i am NOT paying the insurance prices they would want...

khrome

·
Registered
64 Posts
What's new here? The ZX-14 has been out since late last Summer. Pictures of it were flying around in March of 2005. Trust me your wallet and your back will be much happier with the M109r.

G

·
khrome13 said:
hmm ..... for me..... it's a bad azz lookin mo fo.... i would ride one in a heartbeat but i prolly never will cause i am NOT paying the insurance prices they would want...

khrome
Wanna hear something scary?My insurance charges by the cc;s not whether its a crusier or sports bike :eek: my cbr954rr could run in excess of 180 mph...run the 1/4 in 10 . flat but the full coverage was less than what I'm payn now for the 109.... ::) ... I wouldnt minda test ride.. :D but the looks are kinda ,,,well different.... :eek:

·
Registered
64 Posts
traysvega said:
My insurance charges by the cc;s not whether its a crusier or sports bike
State Farm does the same thing. When i bought a honda Shadow Spirit 1100 they wanted 2,400 a year to insure it. I made the lady mad cause I laught in her face. I said, "Ma'am do you realize that you are $2,100.00 over progressive." Then she said they rate by the CC. When I called for a quote on the M109R they just asked for the CCs not the make model or type. Still, they are cheaper than anyone else. I guess loyality and being old pays off eventually. I have had my car with them since i was 15.5 yrs.

G

·
yep,,mines state farm also.... :bigthumbsup:  ...and like you,,,been with the same agent for the last 15 or so years....

·
Registered
216 Posts
TheXRavenX said:
What's new here? The ZX-14 has been out since late last Summer. Pictures of it were flying around in March of 2005. Trust me your wallet and your back will be much happier with the M109r.
+1 i think there are about 4-5 of them around here and i have been seeing them for a while now.... ::) :D

·
Registered
752 Posts
It has been out forever. Still, I think it looks cool. It's built for purpose and I like that, the form follows the function.

My wife, who used to own a sportbike, said no motorcycle. I asked why and she said I would kill myself. She is silly because nothing goes over 186 these days. :bigthumbsup:

Anyway, I finally told her that she knew who I was when she married me and I was buying a bike and I would let her pick cruiser or sportbike. Black ZX-14 or Silver M109R.

She said cruiser I picked up the M109R the next day.

That's why elsewhere on this board you sometimes hear me complaining about speed. I wish this puppy was faster in the straightline. I really love the bike though. It has awesome character and looks and I am working on the little things to make it faster and a little tougher looking.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I would have the ZX14 in a heart beat, but it's been years since my orthopedic situation would let me get feet any where near the rear sets they use. I've tried every year and its no way. That's one of the reasons I ride cruisers. Having one as quick as the 109 helps me a little.
Jer

·
Registered
296 Posts
Thougbt really hard about the ZX-14 and it is just too uncomfortable ....... I have always been a sport bike guy...... but these days (I am 6'1" , 280lb, 40 yr old) I wanted something more comfy but still with enough performance to be fun . Cruisers are nice because they are not necessarily continuously begging you to haul ass everywhere for them to be entertaining to ride . Cruisers are nice to just put around on ......they feel and look really cool and the new performance cruisers at least have pretty nice performance feel and numbers.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
traysvega said:
 my cbr954rr could run in excess of 180 mph
There ain't a stock Honda CBR954RR in the world that will run over 180 mph.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts