M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In VA anyone riding today...got sun poisoning yesterday..been off for three days...and today I honestly think Im going to not ride...never thought I would say its too hot to ride..but I think it actually is.:verymad:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hot times

Hey I am from Houston and currently in MD/ DC area working and it is HOT !!! Can not wait to get back home to ride....

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
i rode for 3 hours today. my arms are burnt :eek:

100* here

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
It's all about the HUMIDITY level to me. It's been over 90 for the last 20 straight days here and many of those days had a Heat Index over 100 degrees. However it's been much lower humidity the last 3 days and it feels completely different even though the temp is still over 90.

I've ridden up to 450 miles on some of those days and honestly I think I've just gotten used to the heat because it doesn't really bother me much.

- Stay hydrated (not beer, WATER and I mean ALOT of water)
- If you burn wear sunblock (yep if I'm riding all day I put on spf 50 and I still get color on my arms but I don't burn)
- Take longer breaks and go into the A/C to cool down before heading back out.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
100°
Wind: W at 7
Humidity: 26%
Dewpoint: 61°
Pressure: 30.03 in.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I've ridden several times in June where the local town pharmacy clock read 108 degrees. Feels like I'm riding in the jet blast of a commercial airliner.

-Josh

·
Registered
277 Posts
too hot for me

I can barely breathe out there.

102 degrees. gonna be the same tomorrow or hotter!

where are those cool 90's when you need them:joke:

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
LOL. It's all good fella's. Your just not used to it is all. :bigthumbsup: I've been down here too long I guess. :D
That is a true statement. You have adapted to the rediculously hot weather. I was dying at the VA meet with the same temps/humidity. The heat followed me home!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Houston temp is 94 degrees with 58% humidity makes it feel like 109 degrees. That's below average for this time of the year.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
:agree: since we are all from different parts of the country, we are all acclimated to our hometown weather. although it seems as if the past three years have brought us all some different and peculiar weather trends.

GR brings up a great point about the humidity, but anything above 90 degrees for me and i consider that hot. high 90's and i will decide to stay inside rather than ride. i prefer to be comfortable than broiling.

what cracks me up is when people talk about humidity vs dry heat. they will say, "it is 100 degrees out but it is a dry heat, so it's not that bad." to me, 100 degrees is still 100 degrees and that is hot.
pass the frozen margaritas and save me a spot by the pool, i'm not riding on those days i am working on my buzz and tan. LOL.

·
Registered
483 Posts
It's been consistent 110 or above in Arizona for awhile now, and I believe it does make a huge difference with the dry heat. I can ride and work all day in this weather and feel pretty comfortable while at it. I've been to places where the humidity level is high, and had to change my shirt 3-4 times a day. I'll take the dry heat anytime. Be safe and drink plenty of h20. Who's ready for VEGAS??

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
since we are all from different parts of the country, we are all acclimated to our hometown weather.

what cracks me up is when people talk about humidity vs dry heat. they will say, "it is 100 degrees out but it is a dry heat, so it's not that bad." to me, 100 degrees is still 100 degrees and that is hot.
I agree wholeheartly to your first point. That I feel is just a fact.

I "used" to say the same thing that you mentioned in your second point when I lived in Michigan. However now I feel the same as Navy85254.

However what's really funny is the opposite is true of cold. Now I think low 30's is cold and when I was in MI that is considered a heat wave in Mid-Janurary when it's been below zero for a month. It's all relative and what you get accustomed to.

It's been consistent 110 or above in Arizona for awhile now, and I believe it does make a huge difference with the dry heat. I can ride and work all day in this weather and feel pretty comfortable while at it.
I believe this statement is accurate........at least to me. Dry heat is awesome to ride in. I'd rather ride in 98 degree dry heat than 85 degree muggy conditions anytime.

·
Registered
485 Posts
In VA anyone riding today...got sun poisoning yesterday..been off for three days...and today I honestly think Im going to not ride...never thought I would say its too hot to ride..but I think it actually is.:verymad:
Torn, where are you in VA... I JUST got in and I'm spent. That sun will drain you won't it... :chillout:

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
I always thought the dry vs humid thing was BS too until we vacationed in Arizona and Colorado a few weeks backs. Same temp in Arizona vs here in Okla with 75% humidity is way hotter here in Okla. It felt great in arizona at the Canyon, Sedona, etc. Even at the Royal Gorge it was 90º but the breeze was dry and cool. Here in the 80's with humidity it feels like 100º and you sweat constantly.

I lived in Houston for a few years and the humidity was even worse there. It felt hot in December there.

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
it's 99 heat index over 100 in mass to hot to do anything will wait till sun goes down and go for a nice ride

1 - 20 of 30 Posts