M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well 109ers I damaged my silver baby today because some idiots clowning in a car pulled out in front of me in a neighborhood. Avoided the car but went to the ground. Got a sore left elbow and a bad attitude but other than that I am ok. Bike has broken left signal and left mirror but no major damage to the body. Guys please be careful out there....I was reminded today how little respect we get on the road. I hope my dealer has the replacement items so I don't have to ride damaged for to long. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
898 Posts
off that is the suk....  :cus: glad you did'nt hit too hard.... hope you get things fixed up quick...

khrome

G

·
I am glad you are alright. That sucks about the bike. After you get over the initial anger you will realize that this may be a perfect opportunity to start modding the bike. Check the aftermarket to replace those broken parts. You may find something you like even better. Good luck.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Sorry to hear bro, hope you get things fixed up quick.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Bullie said:
Well 109ers I damaged my silver baby today because some idiots clowning in a car pulled out in front of me in a neighborhood. Avoided the car but went to the ground. Got a sore left elbow and a bad attitude but other than that I am ok. Bike has broken left signal and left mirror but no major damage to the body. Guys please be careful out there....I was reminded today how little respect we get on the road. I hope my dealer has the replacement items so I don't have to ride damaged for to long. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
I have both from take off parts. Let me know if you want them and I will get them to you cheap.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have signals and mirrors if you have any problems finding them at the dealer.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Well guys i too damaged my bike this weekend. Riding down the freeway in the wee hours of the AM there was a huge chuck hole that stretched the major part of the lane and no time to maneuver out of its path. The result was both front and rear wheels being bent. man was i pissed :verymad: Does anyone know of any aftermarket wheels that may be available yet :confused:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Sorry to hear about the bike, but glad you are ok! I've never laid my motorcycles down, but I did lay my moto scooter down a few years ago when I lived in Rome, Italy. Had a Yamaha Neos and had someone make a left turn (no signal) in front of me as I was passing and wham! I hit the side of their van and went down! Just a bruised elbow, scraped up scooter and bruised ego. Stupid Cagers! :verymad:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys, Gonna see if dealer has things in stock to get her back to her beautiful self today. If not I will be contacting you to see what we can work out. Thinking of a Mod where I can mount the 40 caliber!!! :mad:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Latinrascal said:
Well guys i too damaged my bike this weekend. Riding down the freeway in the wee hours of the AM there was a huge chuck hole that stretched the major part of the lane and no time to maneuver out of its path. The result was both front and rear wheels being bent. man was i pissed :verymad: Does anyone know of any aftermarket wheels that may be available yet :confused:
Now would be a great time to upgrade to Lamonster's 280 wheel and tire combo ;)

Good luck and ride safe..

·
Registered
116 Posts
Bullie said:
Well 109ers I damaged my silver baby today because some idiots clowning in a car pulled out in front of me in a neighborhood. Avoided the car but went to the ground. Got a sore left elbow and a bad attitude but other than that I am ok. Bike has broken left signal and left mirror but no major damage to the body. Guys please be careful out there....I was reminded today how little respect we get on the road. I hope my dealer has the replacement items so I don't have to ride damaged for to long. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Glad to hear you're okay. It sure does suck, though. I totaled my 03 Vulcan 1600 Dec 21st when a punk kid tried to cross the street in front of me in his 93 Chevy Caprice. T-boned him at 40MPH. I made it through with just bruises, but man was the front of my bike a mess. As with most things, however, there's a silver lining in the cloud. Totaling the V1600 just afforded me the opportunity to get the M109R earlier than I planned.

As they say, keep the rubber side down and the shinny side up!!!!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mounting my Glock .40 sounds great! However, I'm sure if some idiot pulled out infront of me and kept going after I crashed, I'd probably hunt them down and kill them. So probably a bad idea, at least for me...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Glad you are alright. Had some kids pull out in front of me tonight and then had the nerve to want to take a pic of my bike!!! and, and, I LET EM. GOTTA LOVE THIS BIKE

·
Registered
253 Posts
Joshua_109 said:
Sorry to hear about the bike, but glad you are ok! I've never laid my motorcycles down, but I did lay my moto scooter down a few years ago when I lived in Rome, Italy. Had a Yamaha Neos and had someone make a left turn (no signal) in front of me as I was passing and wham! I hit the side of their van and went down! Just a bruised elbow, scraped up scooter and bruised ego. Stupid Cagers! :verymad:
Is this something that you could take up with your local council I am assuming that a chuck hole is like a pothole over here in Aussieland I actually drove my car through a huge pothole damaged a wheel and broke a screen I approached the local council and they repaired the car at no cost to me .. It is worth a try I guess

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Glad your both ok..to the bud with the bad wheels...the real wheel is a whopping $1,200 bucks and the front 700.00.. and hard to get , I talked to a bike
rim dealer in NC and he is expecting aftermarket wheels shortly .

Friggon Cagers ! :cus:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts