M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for other M riders in the DFW area and places to hang-out. look at and talk bikes.
I live in Irving so I am pretty much smack-dab in the center of the metroplex.

·
Registered
360 Posts
if there is not one , we should start one . may be a friday night hangout . what do you think ?

flunky

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Went to Duke's in Addison last night for their Kaboom town fireworks show. A good showing of bikes but not as many as I thought there would be. It's possible the weather kept em away.
I did run into a couple of guys from the TX VTX board and drank a beer with them. Nice guys. They said they usually show up there around noon Sunday and do an afternoon ride around the metroplex.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hey Scrogg what are your best times for riding? ME and flunky been getting in some rides and we are not afraid to come your way or meet somewhere for a good ride. Give me some idea what works for you. I can't do early rides on Sunday but can do Sunday afternoon and usually do most weekends. Let me know!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can ride pretty much anytime I am not working. So, usually after 6 during the week and most weekends. I figure noon on Sundays at Dukes will become a regular thing for me.
I still don't know any of the good rides around hear, but would like to check out East Texas soon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
::) Dallas Hangout sounds good to me. I live in Plano and looking for some M109 Riders asap. I will post some pictures of my bike tomorrow. I had the Honda VTX 1800 2005 it can't performance like my "Big Daddy" M109 oooooh lord. My logon name is Funky D, I'm ready to ride with the M109R asap. Just let me know when and where it's a done deal baby.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Scrogg said:
I can ride pretty much anytime I am not working. So, usually after 6 during the week and most weekends. I figure noon on Sundays at Dukes will become a regular thing for me.
I still don't know any of the good rides around hear, but would like to check out East Texas soon.
come down to Central Texas (Hill Country) and I will take you and whoever else on a nice all day ride to Llano....eat some BBQ and ride back...very pleasant ride...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
03svtsnakevert said:
come down to Central Texas (Hill Country) and I will take you and whoever else on a nice all day ride to Llano....eat some BBQ and ride back...very pleasant ride...
Sounds like a plan! The rest of this month is shot with work and company coming into town, but next month is wide open. I'll keep in touch!

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Scrogg said:
Sounds like a plan! The rest of this month is shot with work and company coming into town, but next month is wide open. I'll keep in touch!
do that! be glad to hook up with ya!!

Steve

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey DFW 109ers, do they still have the bike nite on fridays at Joe's Crabshak in Plano? Me and afew buds, went down there quite a few times.....they blocked the parking lot off and had a band with $ 1.25 longnecks.....the times we went, there were about 50 to 75 bikes......just wandering if anyone knew.... :p

·
Registered
898 Posts
woodro said:
Hey DFW 109ers, do they still have the bike nite on fridays at Joe's Crabshak in Plano? Me and afew buds, went down there quite a few times.....they blocked the parking lot off and had a band with $ 1.25 longnecks.....the times we went, there were about 50 to 75 bikes......just wandering if anyone knew.... :p
hmm guess no one does plano Woodro :dontknow: i doubt i would end up in grapevine that is a pain in the * to get to...

khrome

·
Registered
162 Posts
Just got my M two weeks ago and need to get the first service done asap but I would like to get on one of these rides with ya'll soon. I'm in grand prairie.

·
Registered
133 Posts
reviving an old post....

Wilhoites-grapevine on Friday nights is the place to be.
Hole in the wall-dallas, is cool too

Sundays, Strokers is the place to be after 1. before 1 Lower greenville is packed with bikes. Blue Goose has alot of room for bike parking.

Strokers is really the Best place to Hang on sundays, any sunday there will be an excess of 500+ bikes, have seen atleast 3 M109s there on most sundays.

As for Dukes, Dukes sucks. For a number of reasons. mainly cause they are only biker friendly on sundays. show up on saturdays with a bandana and a sleevless shirt and see how long it will be before they kick you out. you will find that most bikers or bike enthusiasts have boycotted Dukes due to there hatred of bikes monday thru saturday.

another place that blows is Hot Rods and Hogs, to expensive and they charge you cover. never have seen more than 10 bikes there on a given evening. sad cause when they opened it was the place to be.

and last but not least, Thunderhorse, is by far the crappiest hangout out there, only time there is more than 10 bikes there is when they are having a party.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey guys, I'll be moving to Shreveport LA next month and hear that dallas is only a few hours away. Maybe I can meet up with you as you expore east texas some. I'm always looking for more people to talk about/ride bikes with.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Willhoites, Strokers both great bike places. I'm in north Dallas and there are plenty of places to stop for a breather. You guys put together a ride, let me know.

FM109

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone this is Mad dawg 109 here , I'm in the Keller area. Give a shout when you guys in the DFW area get together for a good ride out sometimes.  :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts