M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a smoke D2moto tail light in May and Led's are out already. Called them for replacement said they need a picture of bad tail light before they will send a new one. I found this out after putting stock back on, WoW! If you read a post with part that has an issue don't take the chance. Also said they haven't had any issues with these lights......Right.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mine came with a burnt out one and the lense was dirty on the inside

I ran over it with my truck - took a picture, emailed it to them and got my refund including shipping :D

other than I should have known better , they made it right.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I think I got mine in May as well when they were on sale. Mine still works fine and I've ridden in a few rainstorms. If it does go out I'll take pics & hopefully get a refund.............Then I won't buy another one from them. I've heard too many of them going out on guys. :verymad:

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I think I got mine in May as well when they were on sale. Mine still works fine and I've ridden in a few rainstorms. If it does go out I'll take pics & hopefully get a refund.............Then I won't buy another one from them. I've heard too many of them going out on guys. :verymad:
Sounds alot like CA lights...

·
Registered
643 Posts
Sounds alot like CA lights...
Except Clear Alternatives would just send you a new one if you called them. I received the 3rd edition and its been working great since last fall. Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do, heard bad things about both, and some good reviews too. Went with the D2, sealed the edges with silicone, and haven't had any problem since the replacement in January (ish). I've ridden in the worst of it. Just shows quality control in any of the plants these lights are mfg in stinks. Lack of consistency, as bad as poor quality!

Just glad mine continues to work great.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Except Clear Alternatives would just send you a new one if you called them. I received the 3rd edition and its been working great since last fall. Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself.
I'm aware of CA...Look at my Sig:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
no problem here yet :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
43 Posts
i had 2 burnt leds. i took a heat knife and cut the original lens off and put the smoke one on the original light. just put some hot glue around it and its like new.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the same issue with D2Moto......1st smoked one I got had finger smudges all inside on the chromed plastic and evidently had chemicals on hand cause it left permanent fingerprint of someone....lol..... I took cover off and painted most the housing, reapplied with liquid nail for plastic from Home Depot and left them bad remarks and nasty email and they sent me another one......quality control defiantly STINKS, I had to liquid nail this housing also but at least there wasn't finger smudges all over it. And the little ceramic resistors they sent didn't do a thing for flash speed so I left them off.

So now I have one installed....one backup.....and factory original.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
462 Posts
D2moto sucks!!!!!

I was one of those on there band wagon....my tailight went out called them ..they said nothing they can do, they told me to call the distributer....ran me in circles .....also bought led signals...2 was out on arrival....1 worked .....last 1 only half led worked.....trust me do not buy any thing from these guys......why the fuk do u have to complain and complain and complain again so that u can get a new unit??!!!!!.......well i gave up and just took the clear cover off the crap ass unit they sold me and placed it on stock red ...looks great..!!!

Hope this helps someone....not worth the gamble and headache 4 mths down the line.......

·
Registered
547 Posts
Mine died within the first week I bought it. I figured I was just out the $50.00 and got screwed again so I lived with it. The bad thing is if the brake lights die like they did on mine it is one hell of a safety issue. If I got run over because my brake lights didn't work and I lived and could prove it, they surely would think again about replacing any future problem lights.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
This is why I have a tinted stock tailight. I had 2 CA light within 4 months. The old and new style, the new style only last a month or so.

D2 sounds like the same story as CA, just pay shipping to get a new light every couple months.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts