M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to a bike rally this past weekend, there was a guy selling these...
http://www.bluelightningsparkplugs.com/
this guy was telling me that he guarantees, better mileage and HP. let alone he's saying that they're 80% more effective after being treated.
theoretically it sounds possible but at over $20 a pop i'm not sure wether or not I'd want to try 'em:dontknow:

anyone using these things?

discuss.

·
Radio Active Member
27,670 Posts
I do not see that happening. The NGK's used are great plugs. I think they were selling gold tipped ones for like $80 and promised the same thing. If they really worked they would put EVERY plug manufacture out of business.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
EXACTLY what I was thinking, this kind of advancement would be HUGE if it had such significant gains, also I think every manufacturer would be doing it.

·
Registered
503 Posts
They do it to rifle barrels for accuracy and it is proven to work, but as far as spark goes I think its po-dunk.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,877 Posts
There's lots of places that will do it, but I don't know if it works. Kind of like those plugs with 4 electrodes or a ring of electrodes, they all say they work better than a single electrode plug.

Cryogenic freezing is a great thing for parts that have heavy wear on them, such as transmission and differential gears. It's a proven process for those parts. But for electrical items this is the first I've heard of it. The problem I'd have with buying plugs from a source like that is getting the correct heat range plug. You don't want it so cold it fouls nor so hot it spark knocks.

Here's a place that will do your plugs for $2.50 each. Might give that a try just for the heck of it if you want.

http://www.sigmaautomotive.com/cryogenics/portal.php

Scroll down to the bottom for prices, and it mentions plugs in the text.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts