M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got 4 1/2 months left of a 6 month deployment. Little bit of free time at work and decided to do some window shopping.
Right before or soon after I get back I will be buying new wheels. (Brand and style still unknown) 280/160 tires.
As I was looking through DLP I noticed the Cycle House Swingarm. (for the 50th + time since being a member) I got to looking at it. Starting to like it. It is a cleaner and smoother look than the stock. If I do get this I will want to get the flip kit for the brake calliper. That way I can do the wheels, swingarm and flip kit all at once. One time tear down.
Here's my question. mainly for the ones that have this. Is this thing worth the money they are asking?
I just read that shimming could be required. what kind of shims? Where can I get these at? What do they look like? What exactly are they talkig about modification to manufacturers wheel hub?
And last. I was going to get a 280 (stock swingarm) Now with the possibility of getting an aftermarket swingarm, should I go for the 300? How much of a difference the the ride from a 240 to a 280 or a 300?
Sorry for being long. Just want to try and get all questions in one thread.

Thanks for any and all answers and oppinions.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I did go from stock 240 to RCC wheel with 280 and year later 300 and CH swing...In my opinion if you keep stock rear fender it isn't worth it as for "untrained" eye the 280/300 difference isn't really noticeable at least not as much to be worth the cost that comes with it...unless If you're angry at money, then don't hesitate..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts