1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed the brass knuckle cycle house levers and all though
They look awesome my front brake locked up while I was on the highway
Causing my 9 to fishtail wildly. The lever makes constant contact with the
Master cylinder causing fluid build up and eventually locking the brakes. I had to
Wait for everything to cool down before I could move it again? Has anyone else had
This problem any input appreciated

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Master cylinder causing fluid build up and eventually locking the brakes. I had to
Wait for everything to cool down before I could move it again? Has anyone else had
I posted a fix for this 2 years ago:

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98052&highlight=brakes+binding

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Run a search. As soon as I saw your title, I knew that I had seen your post at least a dozen times.

The fix seems to be to remove them and sand or grind away in the area that is making contact too early.

I am wondering why your bike fishtailed if it was the front brake locking up.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
I can't believe that Cycle House hasn't done something about this :dontknow:.

I have had these levers for about three years and never had any issues, BUT enough folks have had this problem that CH should be looking into it and fixing the issue so it doesn't happen again.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I can't believe that Cycle House hasn't done something about this :dontknow:.

I have had these levers for about three years and never had any issues, BUT enough folks have had this problem that CH should be looking into it and fixing the issue so it doesn't happen again.
I agree that this should have been taken care a long time ago, but you have to remember that no one has been seriously injured because of their negligence. :swear:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts