M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone great site , love all the info.............has anyone had any problems with , sitting at a stop sign or light clutch in twisting throttle reving motor and the motor trying to cut out? acts like a carberated motor. dealer says its normal i say there full of it. any and all responses greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
fastway said:
hello everyone great site , love all the info.............has anyone had any problems with , sitting at a stop sign or light clutch in twisting throttle reving motor and the motor trying to cut out? acts like a carberated motor. dealer says its normal i say there full of it. any and all responses greatly appreciated
I have the same problem. While stopped with the bike idling, if I give it a few shots of throttle, upon returning to idle, it seems like it wants to die! I have a feeling that the dual throttle plates used for each throttle body may be the culprit. The injection system for the 109 is very advanced/sophisticated. When you factor in a 32 bit computer, S.E.T. valve in the exhaust and all the other goodies (sensors) which make up the fuel/ignition system there may be a inherent anomaly like we are experiencing :dontknow: :dontknow:

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have had the same problem from time to time....I don't typically "blip" the throttle more that once, usually just before releasing the clutch. So it will happen without "blipping" the throttle multiple times. I assumed it was a issue with FI or timing on the ignition. Haven't taken it to the dealer yet. Otherwise the bike runs very well.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
whether i burp the throttle one time or 5 times , nester it shoudnt be doing this every time......i understand the parameters and ignition are diferent than a car, it still shopuldnt be doing this regulary..........if i wanted it to cut out i would have stayed with my old 1500 vulcan carberated............so now im switching to a new dealer that says this is not normal every time

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
fastway said:
whether i burp the throttle one time or 5 times , nester it shoudnt be doing this every time......i understand the parameters and ignition are diferent than a car, it still shopuldnt be doing this regulary..........if i wanted it to cut out i would have stayed with my old 1500 vulcan carberated............so now im switching to a new dealer that says this is not normal every time
When you and your new dealer have it all figured out and have the problem "cured" please make sure you check back in with all of us and share the "remedy". Better make sure the dealer you choose has already figured out the "oil overfill problem" and go from there! :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
P.S. If there's a dealer out there that is good enough to cure the burping problem have him give you the cure for the under load vibration between 3K and 4K :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts