M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Cutting down my Exhaust tonight...... Now with pics

Any helpful tips out there? I have a set of Cobra Speedster Slash cut that I'm tired of and think they would look better with about 12in cut off. So I am breaking out the angle grinder with the metal cutting blade!

Before

After(Sorry about this pic its with my phone, I'll get better ones this weekend)

Off of the bike pic

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:bigthumbsup: LOL that's a given! Thanks bro!

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Pixtures please when done:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
use some masking tape at the point you are going to cut going 3 to 4 layers thick this will protect the crome from getting scratched

·
Registered
263 Posts
use some masking tape at the point you are going to cut going 3 to 4 layers thick this will protect the crome from getting scratched
:agree: also after your done cutting take a fine file and take down the sharp edges with the tape still on. post pics up when finished

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys!! I really appreciate the Tips! :bigthumbsup: I will post up pics when I'm done. :doorag:

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got them cut, pics in first post. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
looks good :bigthumbsup: I think your pipes and the sideburner look so much better like this.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
looks great how do they sound:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:
I have to wait until I can pick a battery up tomorrow. Mine is DEAD!!.... I can't wait to hear it. I want to change my exhaust but didn't have the extra cash for it at the moment, So I cut off about 14 inches. It looks a lot meaner with them short. It will definitely be LOUD but I always say loud pipes saves lives. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like the look Carlos, just don't know how you cut them so straight with an angle grinder. :bigthumbsup:
Me and my bro did it. We just took our time and they came out pretty decent. File the rough edges down.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
WOW - your bike is BAD @$$!

Huge difference when you shortened them!:drool: :bigthumbsup:
Thanks Bro! Just wait until I put my seat cowl back on and wax her up!! She will be lookin good then!! Oh and I am changing my intakes too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts