M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Clutch problem?

I got my bike delivered about a week ago. O6, silver all stock with 3700 miles- looks like it is off the showroom floor. I love it! Rode for the 3rd time since getting it. Today (never before) when I released the clutch in first gear, the drive "shuttered" like I had a clutch problem? After riding for about 15 minutes, it went away. Obviously, it had warmed up. What do you think, clutch adjustment or a clutch problem?

·
Registered
423 Posts
I think your problem is the spelling of your clutch. May need to adjust that and you should be all good :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I have a 06 and a 07 and they both have done that.I put the 2 updated parts in the 06 and it hasn't done it seance.I would try to adjust it first.Their is lot of info on the board about this.Try the search.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I got my bike delivered about a week ago. O6, silver all stock with 3700 miles- looks like it is off the showroom floor. I love it! Rode for the 3rd time since getting it. Today (never before) when I released the clutch in first gear, the drive "shuttered" like I had a clutch problem? After riding for about 15 minutes, it went away. Obviously, it had warmed up. What do you think, clutch adjustment or a cutch problem?
The search will give you answers but you will be reading for hours/days about it here.
It is a combination of several things that causes the shudder. What I have seen to be the most believable issue is the wave washer in the clutch (which Suzuki has now improved) loses its memory and gets weak.
I am on my third wave washer which is the new "improved" one and after 2,500 miles its fine. Before I would get the shudder after 2k on the original design.
This shudder is not something to just accept. It is fixable and not expensive. I see it as a safety issue. In the mean time letting your bike warm up good to get the oil working before riding will help until the washer is replaced.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll get that washer replaced- Thanks for all of your input, including the help with spelling. My first mistake of the year...:dontknow:

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'll get that washer replaced- Thanks for all of your input, including the help with spelling. My first mistake of the year...:dontknow:
Wow, you made it all the way to October? :joke:

Hehe, sorry I couldnt help it. I am new to the 9 world and didnt know about the problem and had no better feedback. Im glad you posted it though as I have an 06, will have to watch out for that. Hope you get 'er sorted out!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts