M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldnt wait to get rid of that tag mount. My PVC saw did the job perfectly. I was just learning to weld, and now I guess I need to learn to work with plastics, not steel!!! LOL! Just rode the bike all day long and it sure gets alot of attention. Didnt get a chance to smoke anyone today, too much holiday traffic. This bike is just pure fun to ride!!!

Mad Matt :D :D :D

·
Registered
844 Posts
Where'd ya get the Bungee Buttons?

Best lookin' signal lights I've seen yet (can't really see the brackets well in the photo) -- source??

What's that plate mounted on???

Real nice job. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Matt, your bike looks awesome :bigthumbsup:

I have been holding off doing this mod becuase I can't decide whether to go with an intigrated tail light or not. Yours is one of only two mods like this with rear signal bullets that I have seen and liked. (Other was Rangemaster's who mounted his bullets on the rear saddle bag mount screws.)

Can you please tell me/us how you did those lights? Did you the light bar like that and then make a mounting plate for those two screws under the fender?

Let's see here, :read: - I have a tablesaw, jigsaw, circular saw, coping saw, a hacksaw, and many other saws but have never heard of a PVC saw - can I just go into Lowes or Home Depot and ask for a PVC saw? Did you use an angle grinder with a medium or fine grit wheel to smooth it out or did you do it by hand?

Thanks for the motivation to get moving on this project and I look forward to your answers an comments!

-Tim

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dilbertian said:
Matt, your bike looks awesome :bigthumbsup:

I have been holding off doing this mod becuase I can't decide whether to go with an intigrated tail light or not. Yours is one of only two mods like this with rear signal bullets that I have seen and liked. (Other was Rangemaster's who mounted his bullets on the rear saddle bag mount screws.)

Can you please tell me/us how you did those lights? Did you the light bar like that and then make a mounting plate for those two screws under the fender?

Let's see here, :read: - I have a tablesaw, jigsaw, circular saw, coping saw, a hacksaw, and many other saws but have never heard of a PVC saw - can I just go into Lowes or Home Depot and ask for a PVC saw? Did you use an angle grinder with a medium or fine grit wheel to smooth it out or did you do it by hand?
LOL, well really the PVC saw is just a fine tooth hand saw like a finishing saw....honestly I really do remember it was called a PVC saw and I think I bought it at Home Depot in the plumbing isle, many years ago. I did smooth it off with an air grinder with a 60 grit disc....it mostly melted the plastic and didnt really grind it. Then I just peeled off the melted mess it made.

Matt

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Project Summary,

The bullet signals are actually the Big Bike Parts bullets, but of course the Kury bullets will do.  I prefer Halogens.
The bullet mount brackets I used are the Kewlmetal Item #153.  They are mounted to the existing threaded holes with a couple washers to make them sit flat.
The tag mount is just a rough one off I fabricated with some 16 gage cold rolled.  It required some cutting, bending and a little welding.  This will evolve into a Kewlmetal part as soon as we can get it finished up.   It's Mounted to the helmet lock hole, and the side reflector hole in the metal sub-fender.
The Bungee Buttons are available from directlineparts, see Lamont's link above.

Matt

·
Registered
35 Posts
That looks great! I did the same type of mod to my 1800 F.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Which holes did you mount them too? I see two threaded ends of bolts where it looks like it could mount. Did you attach to those, or did you have to pull those bolts out? I was about to order the brackets, but wanted to make sure I knew what I was getting in to.

Can you post a pic from the bottom. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Matt, this is probably a stupid question, but I see two different bullet marker lights on the Big Bike Parts website. One is the standard, and one they call the "medium" bullets, which appear to be smaller, and are 20W instead of 50W halogen bulbs.

It looks from your pics like you are using the smaller (medium), 20 watt version. Is that correct?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
VERY NICE :bigthumbsup: could you take a picture of the bike from the rear ?
That's what i was thinking about today at workthe lights ,right behind the chrome piece,but splitting the differenc like you did between the end of the chrome and the end of the bike Looks nice. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts