M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

During the winter months I'm going to do some customizing and I've been throwing this idea around in my head. I'm going to get my wheels chromed but I wanted something different. I think this would look awesome on a black 109. Check this out:

http://www.chromecustom.com/pc1.htm

I think the gold and chrome wheels would look great, what are your thoughts?

I also went to Vance and Hines website, do you think you can just order the muffler for the Propipe?

http://www.vanceandhines.com/b103_propipehs_s_lc15.html#

c-One

·
Registered
443 Posts
A little too " Pimp my ride " for me.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have a custom H.D that i have done in chrome and gold parts . after time the gold parts do not hold up. if you are thinking of gold parts you may want to copper plate instead it holds up better.and also gold plating is 3 times more costly then chrome plating. this is my experience with the 2. hope this will help you.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QuickSilver,

I talked to a representative at Chrome Custom and I was told that it wasn't gold plating, it's actually chrome with powder coated candy color.

This is the description on their website:

Now offering Candy Chrome! Your parts receive our chrome treatment with a Translucent Powder Coated Topping, to give you colored chrome. We also offer, Powder Coating on top of Mirror Polished Surfaces. Parts are polished and translucent Power Coated to give that Candy Chrome look at a great price!

C-One

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I would go for Chrome with black, cant go wrong with that combo! But if you really wanna be unique stick with bright colors! Awesome link bro!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Not a big fan of Gold. What about anodizing in Blue, or Red?? Anybody have pics of that?

What color is the bike?

·
Registered
267 Posts
baldylatino said:
I would go for Chrome with black, cant go wrong with that combo! But if you really wanna be unique stick with bright colors! Awesome link bro!
You can just get black chrome done. It looks pretty cool. I know they do it a lot in Germany.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Guys,

Here is some of the prices I got off their website:
Wheels -
9 Spoke $550.00
Solid (All Polished) $495.00
Solid (Center Left Casted) $325.00
*Other Custom Motorcycle wheels are priced on inspection

To answer the other questions, he also does powder coating and polishing. There are some pics of other wheels he has done in 2 tone finishes. I saw pics of other sites that do black chrome and I thought about it. Now it appears to be 2 types of black chrome, one which has the shine and luster of chrome but has a black hew to it, the other looked black period almost anodized look. I'm researching as much as I can, I thought about doing the inner spokes in chrome and polish the outer lip therefore; if you get chips or scratches you can polish them out. There are some advantages to chroming, wash and wax, but if you get a chip or deep scratch it has to be redone, while polishing there is some maintenance but if you get a chip or scratch you can polish it out. It all depends on your preference and time during cleanup. I'll keep everyone posted, I do believe by next spring there will be some awesome looking 109s.

C-One

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
montoya32 said:
You can just get black chrome done. It looks pretty cool. I know they do it a lot in Germany.
Yes Ive seen it but I would like to see the inner part black and the rest chrome I think that would give it a nice look!

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That can be done, infact a Black lustereous chrome. According to the owner bike wheels are his specialty and he gives a 2 year warranty on his chrome work. He basically can do what your imagination comes up with.

C-One

1 - 13 of 13 Posts