M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many would be interested in buying a custom tail light with the turn signals built in? I am talking to a company that may design something and make it available. Also, Lamont, would you be interested in buying them and selling them throught Direct Parts? Our stock tail light has only 15 LEDs in it so I'm guessing the custom would have almost double that.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Just make sure you can get the bike inspected afterwards..... I was looking at a CBR1000 with an integrated tail and the shop owner said he would even through in the stock signals so I could get it inspected since he knew his shop wouldn't pass it with the integrated tail.

Bruno, You know where I am talking about.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You only need and inspection when you sell or buy a bike. It definitely won't pass with an intergrated tail. The turn signals must be a certain distance apart to pass. Most won't pass with the tag located on the side and turned.

·
Registered
721 Posts
montoya32 said:
You only need and inspection when you sell or buy a bike. It definitely won't pass with an intergrated tail. The turn signals must be a certain distance apart to pass. Most won't pass with the tag located on the side and turned.
This all depends on where you live... ::)

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I'm sure you are dealing with Radiantz or Clear Alternatives. I used to sell The Radiantz product you are talking about. They were pretty popular but I didn't like the fact that the left and right turn signals were only about 1" apart.

Personally I think it's a safety issue having the turns so close to each other. To each his own. :doorag:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not dealing with either of them. The safety is the reason that the MVA regulates the floppy turn signals are stock on all bikes, they have to be a specific distance apart.

G

·
Pricing would be an issue...

I am currently running the Clear Alternatives Turn Integrated turn signal and taillight in my sabre... it ran me about $80 to my door...

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
M109R Fan said:
Pricing would be an issue...

I am currently running the Clear Alternatives Turn Integrated turn signal and taillight in my sabre... it ran me about $80 to my door...
got to remember that anything that is "custom" for the 109 will probably be a little more. No one has anything made yet and would more than likely be making them per our request. I think a fair price range would be between $95 and $150. Hopefully on the lower end. I'm not going to be selling them, just trying to facilitate something getting made by whichever company wants to do it first.

G

·
montoya32 said:
got to remember that anything that is "custom" for the 109 will probably be a little more. No one has anything made yet and would more than likely be making them per our request. I think a fair price range would be between $95 and $150. Hopefully on the lower end. I'm not going to be selling them, just trying to facilitate something getting made by whichever company wants to do it first.
and I appreciate the help as I know others do :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts