M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my M109R on April 6th and like many of you, I have been waiting for the factory and the after market to supply accessories for the bike. I was hugely disappointed with the shape of the factor Suzuki sissy bar/back rests and support brackets. The shape does not flow with the curvacious lines of the bike. So, I designed a bitch bar (the name was changed to the more politically correct "sissy bar" in the late 70's early 80's) out of 1/2 inch round bar steel with matching integral round bar support brackets. The shape of my bitch bar is much like the ones you would see on "Indian Larry's" bike sans ? or "Johnny Chop's" bikes. It is also very much like the optional sissy bar that Big Dog offers on its new bikes for about $1,000. It has taken me about 4 weeks to fabricate it. As you know the chrome fender strutts are curved (like most things on the bike) and the support brackets should have the same curve in order to flow with the lines of the back fender. Getting the steel round bar to curve while maintaining the width of the support brackets (the back is about 2 inches less in width than the front) isn't easy. Anyhow, I delivered the bitch bar for chrome plating last Thursday and maybe I can pick it up this Friday. Trying to get metric socket button head bolts was another saga that I won't go into on this posting. 

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This reply is directed at ppridgen1,metric man, and big ben. I found your collective replies to my Custom Sissy Bar posting inappropriate, incorrect and rude. My posting may have been "incomplete" without pictures but, it was not  "worthless".  Over 90 members have viewed the posting and only you three made rude comments. So, instead of the sharing pictures, design parameters, and  measurements of my bitch bar which was my intent,  I have decided to honor your collective replies and make my posting "worthless" by NOT providing those items.    :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
721 Posts
charleybrown said:
This reply is directed at ppridgen1,metric man, and big ben. I found your collective replies to my Custom Sissy Bar posting inappropriate, incorrect and rude. My posting may have been "incomplete" without pictures but, it was not "worthless". Over 90 members have viewed the posting and only you three made rude comments. So, instead of the sharing pictures, design parameters, and measurements of my bitch bar which was my intent, I have decided to honor your collective replies and make my posting "worthless" by NOT providing those items.  :bigthumbsup:
LOL!!!

Dude, chill out..... This is just the way people here say they are VERY interested in your work.

There are no rude intentions in their posts.

·
Registered
572 Posts
charleybrown said:
This reply is directed at ppridgen1,metric man, and big ben. I found your collective replies to my Custom Sissy Bar posting inappropriate, incorrect and rude. My posting may have been "incomplete" without pictures but, it was not "worthless". Over 90 members have viewed the posting and only you three made rude comments. So, instead of the sharing pictures, design parameters, and measurements of my bitch bar which was my intent, I have decided to honor your collective replies and make my posting "worthless" by NOT providing those items. :bigthumbsup:
WOW dude, chill out :)

We really are interested in it, that is why we want to see PICTURES of this...

Calm down already, lol :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sounds like a sweet sissy bar (dont care for the bitch bar name myself).

I'd like to see pics and are you eventually thinking of selling them?

On a side note, why are so many people getting so damn sensitive on this site lately? Friggin PMS or what?

·
Registered
214 Posts
:nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
this reply is directed at charleybrown,obviously you can't read, I said it was descriptive ,but would like to see a picture, nothing was rude , or inteded to offend you. Bro , I'm sorry you took it that way! I don't know how you contrived that MY post was offensive or in your words inappropriate,incorrect,or rude. By the way, that is just an emoticon that is easier than typing out ....Dude! that sounds so awsome ,I really ,really love the sounds of what your describing , but am still having a hard time conguring up a mental image, so if you would,pretty ,pretty please, could I trouble you so much ,as to ask you to post some photographs of this new modification that you have designed and built, so that I may behold it in all it's mechanical glory. Gosh that took me, as a hunt and peck typist, about three minutes to type. But this takes only a second or two :nopic: :a20:
Technically Ppridgen you said "descripyion" but we wont hold it against you :joke: :joke:

Maybe he is sensitive... maybe he is hunting

Sledzep

·
Banned
1,181 Posts
:nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :bad2thebone: :bad2thebone: :nopic:

·
Banned
1,181 Posts
AH YOU KNOW WHAT?? SHAME THIS IS THE FIRST THING THIS GUY HAS EVER DONE AND DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO SHARE!! PITY !! WHAT A BUMMER , NOW I CAN SEE WHY HE CALLS IT A BITCH BAR!! :D

·
Banned
1,181 Posts
Since he bought the m109r he has not got money for a Camera :redfaced:I have alos made a backrest , waiting for sissy pad to get back from upholsterer, and bracket is being chromed.It attaches to the fender below the passenger seat and in my opinion is much stronger than attaching to seat.Will post pics when all is together.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts