M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first bought my bike the first item I wanted to replace was the uncomfortable OEM seat. After some input from members of the board I purchased the Suzuki full Cut Gel Seat. I've been reasonably happy with that for several years. I now want a custom seat with more cushion and maybe some exotic finish.
My question is, is the original OEM seat plastic pan the same as the pan used in the full cut gel seat ? If it is I intend to keep using the full cut seat and bring the original OEM pan to a seat shop to get a new one made. I didn't know if the full cut pan was different or is it just the foam underneath that allows you to sit a little further back ? Anyone know ?:eek:

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I won't say "I know" but I would guess since they interchange, it should be...the only difference is the "stuffing" :D hell they're both from Suzuki. The custom shop can add anything you want to the pan...and it will fit.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I won't say "I know" but I would guess since they interchange, it should be...the only difference is the "stuffing" :D hell they're both from Suzuki. The custom shop can add anything you want to the pan...and it will fit.
Thanks Gramps for your input. Makes sense.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts