M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used some spray adhesive and about a quarter yard of leather-like material to achieve this look. The "leather" is a stretchy material with a tight grain similar to the same you would find on a personal watercraft seat.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I think it looks kinda cool....nice job!!!

·
Registered
198 Posts
I wish I had a black bike so I could do this! It wouldn't look too good on my silver 9 though

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,147 Posts
That looks cool! I like it better than doing the entire nacelle. I think squirrel took the covered nacelle he had back off, but it looked good too.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
have you seen Greggs? He did the entire headlight in Ostrich. I think he did the seat cowl to match. I will see if I can find some pix
nice! the Ostrich is wicked...I'm not quite that brave tho.

by it's self i think it looks a little out of place.are you going to some more parts on your bike the same to match the head light.
Hadn't planned on wrapping anything else. The tank has a bra on it and I figure that's enough for now. I'd like to move the Tach down into the Nacelle to give her more of a streamlined look and also help keep with the leather flow...

Thank you all of for the input. Some like, some do not- this is all about personal taste and experimentation to create an original machine for each of us to call our very own.

Cheers and shiny side up!

Janitor

1 - 18 of 18 Posts