M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Custom forward controls

( I gained about 3 inches) by cutting & my original pegs off & relocating them 3 inches forward & 1/2 inch down. Man what an improvement for guys 6 feet plus! :bigthumbsup:. I musta chopped off a couple of lbs of cast Iron off those way to heavy brackets too. The one on the right side was huge & needed a trimming anyway :D The brake pedal was the easiest to reset to accomodate the relocation. Simply just move it forward on the shaft a couple of groves. Now the shifter lever is where it gets a little tricky, the adjustment is very limited. I have'nt had time to refine my adjustments completely but will tomorrow ;) I love this bike even better now, I could'nt wait to pay a fortune for something that maby will be here this fall. What have ya got to loose if you have a welder & cutting tools? Actually these look cleaner & are way more comportable for us longer legged bikers :doorag: I'll post pictures later, I promise

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Re: Custom forward controls

pics man, pics!

·
Registered
190 Posts

Quicksilver, today I adjusted my brake pedal also today. :bigthumbsup: Moved it up a few notches and it really is much more comfortable now! While making the adjustments I also took notice of those brackets and pegs and was trying to visualize as to how I might be able to move them forward. I'm really interested in this mod you did. Can you post some pictures and/or further explanation as to how you did this mod?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

ok just took some pictures ;) maby not alot of close ups but, a pictures worth a thousand words (maby) ::) I aloso have cut off parts too :eek: lol OMG won't let me post?? I'll try the frapper I just joined try me there :bigthumbsup: hummm it use to let me post pictures? :redfaced:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

check my Frappr account,( Greg Schule) I just started my photo acc. there so let me know if you see the photoes there. Regarding custom forward controls :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

my email is [email protected] regarding questions on my 109 :D I have some more pictures too . I use to belong & still do, to the suzuki M109R sight. My name there is GregsterM109R & have more pictures there too. Then a member told me about this sight & never went back :eek: hehehe I know where the good stuff izzzz :bigthumbsup:

G

·

I tried to post the pics but they are too big. Resize them to 800 x 600. Most everyone will be able to see them then.

·
Registered
849 Posts

If you go to the message board directory, the fifth topic down is something called support and testing board . Open this board and the first topic is how to post oics by Lamonster. It will walk you through the process of pic posting.
Jer

Quiksilver said:
my email is [email protected] regarding questions on my 109 :D I have some more pictures too . I use to belong & still do, to the suzuki M109R sight. My name there is GregsterM109R & have more pictures there too. Then a member told me about this sight & never went back :eek: hehehe I know where the good stuff izzzz :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,842 Posts

I can't see the pics. , all I see are little white boxes with an X in them .
I was looking forward to seeing these mods. , my left foot is all bent out of shape
the shifter is axactly where it should not be , very unconfortable .

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts

Kazimodo said:
I can't see the pics. , all I see are little white boxes with an X in them .
I was looking forward to seeing these mods. , my left foot is all bent out of shape
the shifter is axactly where it should not be , very unconfortable .
Those were on frappr and frappr has issues. I just hope they get the pictures back. ::)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts