M109 Riders banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought you guys might like to see what a race cam looks like. The Left one is Stock that was hard face welded and then was ground to a Hayabusa Spec. The Exhaust is a Stocker for comparison. I will be getting bigger cams for Zonker from WEB Cams to go with the 12 to 1 compression and the Nitrous. I will pick the grinds once I know how much I was able to get extra out of the head flow. I know I will be loosing some bottom end but above 4000 it should be insane. To all you wild men out there they can do C and M90 cams also.
Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Sounds like a job

Good luck bro. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Would a stock engine with air cleaners,pipes,and fuel management benefit from a different cam profile? If i remember correct, at one time, there were a couple guys doing cams for the M109. One said their cams would make the bike pull like no other and the other said that a stock engine would see minimal gains.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The cams that are in these seem pretty mild. I would think that a bit more on the intake would help as the motor is intake restricted. But it would be a minimal increase. Kennys motor had new cams and raised compression along with porting and bigger intake valves. It made about 25 more RWHP than one with just pipe and intakes.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Thought you guys might like to see what a race cam looks like. The Left one is Stock that was hard face welded and then was ground to a Hayabusa Spec. The Exhaust is a Stocker for comparison. I will be getting bigger cams for Zonker from WEB Cams to go with the 12 to 1 compression and the Nitrous. I will pick the grinds once I know how much I was able to get extra out of the head flow. I know I will be loosing some bottom end but above 4000 it should be insane. To all you wild men out there they can do C and M90 cams also.
Bob
Any updates on this?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts