M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I have the Universal Vista for 1" bars...it fits my VS800. Not sure what size you'd need for the M109R.

It's one of those things that I use often, but not like a real cruise control would be used. Since it merely locks the throttle at the current position, changes in elevation greatly affect your rate of speed. Typically, I'll only use it a couple minutes to relieve some stress to the throttle hand and/or scratch that itch that I can only get with the right hand (or adjust the pants leg, etc).

If it were a true cruise control (like on the Wings or HD UC)....I'd love it. As it is, for $30, I find it extremely useful, but not perfect by any stretch. :)

Hope that helps. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
974 Posts
I havent used this one i use the 1'' Universal vista cruise on my 109. Other threads have been posted on this style of cruise you are asking about might find out more with a /search. Basically i think it would be the same concept as the vista. Like wolf said its good for a short period on level ground but not so good on incline/declines etc.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
2006moy said:
I havent used this one i use the 1'' Universal vista cruise on my 109. Other threads have been posted on this style of cruise you are asking about might find out more with a /search. Basically i think it would be the same concept as the vista. Like wolf said its good for a short period on level ground but not so good on incline/declines etc.
If you'll read a little down in his link, you'll see it's a link to a couple different throttle locks. The Universal Vista that we use is listed on his link.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Ahh gotcha i just saw that Flip a lever one when i looked at the link the first time :redfaced: :redfaced:

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you take a big, fuzzy hair binder, double it up, put a doubled over piece of shoelace or leather on it to pull it in and out, then wedge it between your throttle and the brake reseroir it will hold the throttle nicely. Slip it in before highway runs, then use the tagline to pull it out in town. It will hold the throttle reasonably well but will still allow all adjustments to be made easily. Mainly just a way to relax hand while on the highway. True cruiser would be great but I've never had it either on a bike. I've used this system on over 5 different bikes and worked on all of them, including Honda, Kawa 1500 and 1600, Intruder, and now my Victory.

Cost is free if you've a daughter or wife. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
BlackCherry said:
That's for cars, not motorcycles. ::)
I found this and thought that maby someone looked at it oncehttp://www.angelfire.com/il/sproulpage/page13.html

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I have the Breakaway cruise control. It is pricey but works flawlessly. It looks like a factory option and not a cheap add on and it has a quick disconnect feature that is actuated by hitting the brake lever. ( disengages cruise) great item.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts