M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone purchased a kuryaken brakeaway cruise control or any other kuryaken cruise or cramp buster product. I would like to know if you liked the product and was it easy to install, and did you install it on stock grips.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I got the breakaway with Kury grips. Had local shop put them on for me since they were already doing a bunch of other stuff but I hear it's not too difficult. It comes in pretty handy and I would recommend it to anyone.

Pete

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
Haven't used the breakaway cruise, but I did at one time have a crampbuster on stock grips. I'd say it's better than nothing but now I have Kury grips with a contoured throttle boss and like it much better.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Got flame kury grips and hole design levers. The brakeaway cruise will not work on levers. levers to thin in that area. They sent me a spacer and still would not reach. and I did not want to bend the bracket to make it work like they told me to do. But push lever still works good.
Dam Guy

·
Registered
917 Posts
I use them on aftermarket grips I screwed the little screws around the bezel directly into the grip instead of using the rubber ring

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Im looking at the breakaway, i dont like the crampbuster, dam near killed myself with cramp buster. Couple buddies have the breakaway and swear by them..

·
Banned
15,179 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
I have one of those, of course it didn't fit. LOL had to do a little modding to it. but it works fine.
i would also like to know what modification was involved, I had one on my VSTAR and loved it , didn't even try and transfer it to the 9 cause of the 1.25" bars

·
Registered
497 Posts
I have one of those, of course it didn't fit. LOL had to do a little modding to it. but it works fine.
mine fit fine once i learned which rubber insert i had to cut i was trying to go by the pics to fit if all else fails read the instuctions

·
Registered
803 Posts
I just got the break away and like it alot
a bit much $$$ that is why it was put off so long.
But I did it and am not sorry

They now fit the Kury ISO's with out mods
the adjustment took some time but once it is on it ROCKS :bigthumbsup:

Attachments

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
mine fit fine once i learned which rubber insert i had to cut i was trying to go by the pics to fit if all else fails read the instuctions
yup,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.