M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What have you guys used as far as cruise control or a throttle assist that works well? After 30+ years of doing bodywork and painting, I have some carpal tunnel problems and my hand and wrist go numb or hurt after riding a while. What different throttle assists work best? Here's the hand grips I have. Thanx, WILDMANN

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
I have the Breakaway cruise and it works Great. It is a little spendy but it looks and works good after you got it set up. It can be a pain in the AZZ.

·
Registered
277 Posts
breakaway

Wildmann,
I just bought my second breakaway. Works great! Would not have another bike w/o one. < $200 is not that much to spend and you will use it every time out.

Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I didn't spend $120 for all the stuff to install my audiovox cruise. It just depends on what you want and how mechanical you are. I can set mine on the highway and not even look at the speedo anymore:doorag:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,940 Posts
You can put a throttle boss on the ISO grips you have. It helps quite a bit with relaxing your throttle hand, and it's cheap.

http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=171&str=290

You can also do the Lamonster throttle lock for about $5 or less and a few minutes of work.
Lamonster Throttle Lock (updated)

It looks something like this when added to the bottom of the control housing. Easy to reach and you can not only lock the throttle at any position, but also adjust it to just slightly hold the throttle so it takes less effort.

·
Registered
300 Posts
are there any up to date instructions for the audiovox ccs 100 for a 09 109....very interested in doing this, with the right info (this bike seems to have filled every nook and cranny possible)

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,940 Posts
are there any up to date instructions for the audiovox ccs 100 for a 09 109....very interested in doing this, with the right info (this bike seems to have filled every nook and cranny possible)
Click on the Search button up above and type in Audiovox. There's a bunch of threads on it with a lot of useful information. Several folks have figured out the settings that make it work and such.

:welcome: to the board too. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts