M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for suggestions for a cruise control to put on the M109R, I have a 2012.

Prefer something simple so I can do it myself but I want something that looks pretty good as well.

Still looking for feedback about the B.O.S.S rear backrest and luggage rack as well, will it fit on any M109R? It all looks like its the same setup.

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
Breakaway cruise control. The best out there. Easy to install.

Narendra
It's really a throttle lock but agree. Pricey but well worth it imo

sent from my Galaxy S3 from somewhere outside space

·
Registered
906 Posts
It's really a throttle lock but agree. Pricey but well worth it imo

Agreed. Excellent quality too.

Sent from my portable microwave emitter

·
Registered
464 Posts
With all the research I've done for cruise control, the above gentleman are correct... Breakaway is probably the best one you'll find short of fabricating your own electronic version with a vacume bottle etc..

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
With all the research I've done for cruise control, the above gentleman are correct... Breakaway is probably the best one you'll find short of fabricating your own electronic version with a vacume bottle etc..
New cruise control units don't use vacuum bottles anymore. Check out the thread below
http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166597

Nothing beats real cruise control, I have it installed and so does 1r on his C109. About the same price as the Breakaway too.
PS Breakaway is the best throttle lock out there, I used one on 2 bikes, but now have the Rostra installed on my M

·
Registered
464 Posts
My wife is my cruise control when she rides with me. :D
Normally I'm solo but when my daughter is along she's my speed limiter.... unfortunately it's "FASTER DADDY FASTER!!!!"......

·
Registered
8,677 Posts

·
Registered
3,377 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Breakaway now is improved. Check out their site. Easier to install and fixed consumer issues. I'll be getting mine soon.

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
She keeps me from going to fast B. It starts as a tap and then up to a SQUEEZE. I guess it is really more of a limiter vs cruise controll.
Lmao

·
Registered
906 Posts
Yup I have that one too, and litterally takes minutes to install.

We got those over here too. They are called vice grips! :)

Sent from my portable microwave emitter

1 - 17 of 17 Posts