M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So only at a certain point of the rotation of the tire, i hear it while riding and while turned off in the driveway, I get to a certain point and it well...creaks?

Sounds like maybe something is not lubed up?? Do you think its the rear brake? I have heard a lot of issues with them? It really does not sound like it could be the brake. LIke maybe its a spline type noise?

ANyone ever experienced this? I am not riding it so to avoid damaging something further.

Thanks!

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,084 Posts
If it's the rear brake, applying the brake lightly will stop it. Try that at the speed where it normally creaks and see if it helps.

The splines on the rear of the drive shaft, where it goes into the rear hub, has been found to be dry on several of them. Some pull them and find a pile of rust in there, though only one that I can remember actually failed. You need to pull the rear hub, unbolt the drive shaft housing, and pull/replace the grease seal to lube it. And do some reading on how to get the drive shaft back into the secondary drive on the motor, it's a PITA to do sometimes.

I've also had my rear shock linkage creak, though it was mostly when I had the air ride on it. It had plenty of lube on all the bolts and bushings but it would creak, usually when getting off it.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Are you running a 280 with a 10" wheel? My tire rubbed slightly on the swing arm and made a noise. Put it up on a stand and listen for the noise. My new tire does not rub at all, same size and make. They vary a bit in width. If you don't have a stand have someone hold a piece of paper in the gap between the tire and swing arm and roll the bike forward and see if the paper catches in the gap.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brake does not stop it, 9.5 or something crazy on the wheel, I measured it when it was off, not quite 10"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts