M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I've ordered the crashbars from Ebay but it didnt come with any bolts, washers or spacers. See picture. I dont have the mounting kit and dont know what size bolts, washer and spacer i need to install it.

Has anyone installed it before and knows what i need to get?

thanks so much!!

cheers,

Jeff s-l1600.jpg

·
Registered
8,676 Posts
Hi Guys,

I've ordered the crashbars from Ebay but it didnt come with any bolts, washers or spacers. See picture. I dont have the mounting kit and dont know what size bolts, washer and spacer i need to install it.

Has anyone installed it before and knows what i need to get?

thanks so much!!

cheers,

Jeff View attachment 344306
I never use the washer but you better contact the company because there is some type of special wedge bolt that I doubt you will find.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I never use the washer but you better contact the company because there is some type of special wedge bolt that I doubt you will find.
:agree: and based on their picture it doesn't even show the wedge bolt Andy was talking about. The spacers are no big deal you can find washers and shim the bars as needed. The bottom bolts at M10x 2.5'' long if I recall. The exhaust side top connection is a hex head bolt and nylon lock nut that goes through the frame. Not sure on the size, but it wont be difficult to locate at an ACE hardware. The top connection on the shifter side is where the wedge goes and that is a must to connect it. If you don't have that, you are just wasting your time. Call the company and request the proper hardware.

I had the same issue with the cheaper Ebay bars. In fact the ones they sent me were welded up to the brackets upside down! I ended up just buying another OEM set after my accident.

·
Registered
2009 / VZR1800
3,577 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts