M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Funny it doesn't look totalled? I guess that they build them like they used to......

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I pictured it being much worse!! Pretty ugly hit though........

·
Registered
608 Posts
I don't know how they figure these things but from the pictures it doesn't seem that bad. I guess there is more the pics didn't show?

You will get a new bike and this will be a memory soon.

Are you allowed to have anything from that bike or does the insurance company take it away and you can't have anything?

·
Registered
450 Posts
It doesn't look totaled.

Parts are parts, but it sure doesn't look totaled. Maybe they have good salvage buyers, and can make up most of their costs.
Could have been worse ,,,, but for your body's sake, I'm glad it wasn't.

PS, Thanks for your military service Tbar.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Glad you are ok, once you get healed up have fun shopping for your new 9. Take care.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I think they just play it super safe with motorcycles. They will pretty much always replace your brake levers even if they didnt get damaged at all, and if there is even the slightest evidence of damage to any part of the frame and forks they consider replacing them in the repair costs, usually totaling the bike.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
No way that thing is totalled!!!! Needs a new tank, mirrors and paint!!!! :eek:

Usually the insurance company will auction it back off at some point. You could repurchase it and fix it back up and have a second bike. Or sell it and make a few bucks.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Aftermarket Parts

I'm having them remove ALL of the aftermarket parts that weren't damaged for my new ride. :bigthumbsup: (Baron Stealth License Plate), Ram Mount Balls, Chrome Derby Cover, etc.)

I don't know how they figure these things but from the pictures it doesn't seem that bad. I guess there is more the pics didn't show?

You will get a new bike and this will be a memory soon.

Are you allowed to have anything from that bike or does the insurance company take it away and you can't have anything?

·
Registered
423 Posts
you gonna get a 2011?

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
NOPE!

Going to get another 2009 LE with 0 miles on it........... :bigthumbsup: Going to start from scratch!
you gonna get a 2011?

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
It does not look that bad, but if you down on the pipes side, I think it is totalled more then not. Glad to hear that you found another 09 limitted bike.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Going to get another 2009 LE with 0 miles on it........... :bigthumbsup: Going to start from scratch!
Hey, check and see what they want for a buy back. I know a certain member here who might be interested in the motor and maybe we can part the rest out to the other members. Just a thought, trying to help everyone out.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Mine

Hi Tbar,my 09 LE exactly the same as yours got knocked over a couple of months back,new bars,new tacho,new risers,new top silencer,new heat shield,new rear cowl new rear light,it came in parts to £3000 not sure what the pound to the dollar is,but the bits are way silly money.The risers from suzuki are £300 per side,the rear cowl is £230,my buddies has the 1500 my bars mashed his tank,the tank here costs £800 so the one for your 9 must be a little more,so i guess because mine is nearly new and on a 10 plate and valued here at around £8000 they fixed it back to new,but i reckon if it had been a year or two older it would have been written off...Anyway glad your ok and will be nice to have the smell of a brand new ride in your shed..........

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,091 Posts
Dang, it looks like you could get on it and ride it home. The frame must have been tweaked on it to total that.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't know

I wouldn't know where to start with that. I don't have the time or patience to part it out. If someone else wants to buy it let me know and maybe we can work something out. I can be reached at (270) 766-7711.

I agree WIth FuturR , See they will take for the "Wreck"
lots of Great Parts There !

1 - 18 of 18 Posts