M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me getting worked up about this, or is there more crappy drivers everywhere we look these days?

Earlier tonight, coming back from doing some videography work, started counting people on cell phones...

I passed 7 vehicles, ALL OF THEM were yapping away on a cell...

I counted tons of people following each other way too close... spotted a few people riding someone's butt....

TONS of lane changes without even looking, tons of near wrecks...

We need to develop an M 109 R tank add-on... or maybe a 50 caliber mount for this bike... to blow away the idiots around us out of the water....

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just ride with my Glock 17 on the my side in PLAIN VIEW. I think it gets my point across.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TheXRavenX said:
I just ride with my Glock 17 on the my side in PLAIN VIEW. I think it gets my point across.
Well, I don't currently own a gun, but you are right, just packing that, would help...

Someone following me too closely... tap the brakes a few times... if they don't back off.... pat the side arm...

That just might get a world record brake out of the person being a jerk behind huh? LOL

I just can't believe how discourteous this world is coming to...

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
cell phone have deffinitly changed he way we ride. got to be more careful than ever. :mad:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I wasn't sure if there were actually more stupid drivers or if just cause I was now riding more that I was noticing them more. But it sounds like the numbers of members on here are growing fast so are the idiots on the road. :verymad:

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
When i lived in houston and commuted 35miles each way (in my cage), i would pass time by counting the people who weren't on a phone! there were far fewer not talking on the phone. Seemed like people couldn't get in a car without taking out the phone.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
L-Train said:
Even if they would use a headset it's not so bad.

Worse is the people texting on the phone.
A headset is a lot safer, as you can keep both hands free and you can drive in a natural position...

Yet people still get caught up in a conversation, and don't pay attention...

If you have to talk on a cell, use a headset, and make the road your top priority, and listen to your call secondary...

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
It's amazing the prospective of the road "we" see...we have to look for more...be careful and mindful of our every move...we have to anticipate...predetermin
options...predict..and think withought doubting our decisions..so in short we see more...as opposed to being in a cage were we are so-called safer.

It's getting worse fellas...especially the more technology they put in auto's these days...as navi systems become more affordable and available in cheaper cars...
the ability to hook up an Ipod into your stock system...computers...the more accidents are bound to happen...in a word : DISTRACTION

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thought this was just a cliche', but the other day I actually saw a teeny-bopper chick driving down the road, yapping away on the cell, fired up a cig, and was touching up make-up. Un-frigging-believeable.

I live in a city of 150K people, and I kid you not, you do not see young women in cars that are not yapping on a cell... and they all pretty much drive like sh*t. Plus, we have a very high elderly population and sometimes I think overlydefensive drivers are just as bad if not worse than aggressive drivers.

I sure wish Iowa would pass an "Hands Free" law. But then again, we are one of the few states that doesnt have a helmet law and people bitch about how 'unsafe' cycles are.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I work in the bodyshop business and believe me, we thought the world had come to an end when the open container law was passed in TX.
I would be willing to bet now that there are more accidents caused by cell phones than there ever were due to DWI. It would be interesting to see some statistics (providing you could get people to admit they were on the phone when they wrecked)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.