M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a craftsman lift today for $150. here's some pics...

the fit on this thing is very close. there's only about 1" on either side of the lift sticking out from the frame. the center of gravity is also in a funky spot on the 109. the frame itself starts curving up before you can get the lift under the right spot. this forces you to keep the lift a bit too far forward, otherwise it will be on the less sturdy protective plate underneath. it works, though. just gotta be careful.

the lift is very easy to assemble (just stick the rod into the main assembly and you are done). it's also very easy to operate. it has 4 locking positions, and to let it down you just twist the handle.

some of the other lift solutions might be better for this particular bike.

·
Registered
231 Posts
What if you added weight to the front end to counterbalance? Something that won't slip off.

Maybe Tie Downs on the bars (also adds lateral support)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, you could do either. counterweight i hadn't thought of and is a good idea. it comes with the tie downs.

G

·
Can you access both drain plugs while lifted? Where would you put the oil drain pan at? What do you plan to use it for? I am considering buying a whole table lift and am wondering if this will suit my needs instead.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, you can access the drains plugs. i got it mainly for changing the oil, and stuff that involves removing the wheels. i plan on gettin the wheels chromed or polished, and maybe the brake discs too. i don't trust some random car shop with that shaft drive. besides that it's just handy to have it up in the air a bit, and level, so you can sit in a chair while workin on it.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I bought the Craftsman lift also, but not alloy one as you have. It was 79.95 with a 10% discount. It's made similiar to the one you have, you do need to strap the bike as a precaution. It's steel vs alloy. There was a write up on it in one of the cycle mags I'll post it later.

Cormierone

G

·
Cormierone said:
I bought the Craftsman lift also, but not alloy one as you have. It was 79.95 with a 10% discount. It's made similiar to the one you have, you do need to strap the bike as a precaution. It's steel vs alloy. There was a write up on it in one of the cycle mags I'll post it later.

Cormierone
Nice do you have a link to a pict???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts