M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I followed this Gooroo's how-to thread and had no problems installing the clutch cable (I followed Dickshiff's throttle thread, too with no problems). The problem that I'm seeing since I've changed these, is that I can't seem to keep the plastic parts on the neck together. Did I route the cables wrong, or am I just an idiot who didn't get them put back together right? :redfaced:

I was washing my beast today and noticed that the one on the left side looks like it's starting to crack. Can anybody PLEASE help me?

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Without a picture it is a guess, but I am thinking you do not have the lower tabs in the radiator surround pieces.

Work those tabs in first, then put the screws, then the push connector and finally squeeze the front together until the tabs click in place.

You can fit quite a bit through that slot. Just make sure everything lays close to the neck and you will be fine.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I changed my clutch cable, I tied a cord around the head at the handle and pulled from the motor out and did it carefully. When I got the new cable I tied it back on at the handle end and pulled from the handle bars and tried to allow the cable to follow the same path that it came out. I helped it along while pulling gently on the cord. never took anything apart but the housing where it hooks to the engine.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
yep, you've got them routed wrong. I did the same thing and ended up having to replace one of my head covers because of my mistake. the cables should lay flat against the steering head at all times.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.