M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont want to have to do this but after a bike show i will need to get my wife back home, like 1/2 mile will it hold up or will she be pulling plastic shards out of her butt? I KNOW its not recommended!!!

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
I guess it depends on how much junk is in her trunk LOL :joke:.

Seriously, I think I would see if I could get a friend to take the passenger seat with them in their car and then just swap it out after the show. I wouldn't want to risk damage to the wife OR the paint job. :doorag:

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
I wouldn't chance it. There was a guy on here that tried that and the young lady slid off. A half-mile is not a long walk.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
The cowel fits in a book bag... Trust me, I'd know!:bigthumbsup:

Or, take her there, drop her off, go back to the house and replace cowel, go back to show. Then reverse at the end. You may have to do that anyway, to get your trophy home!

·
Registered
913 Posts
It depends how much she weighs. I took an ex gf about a mile like that. She weighed about 135lbs. And my cowl wasnt damaged in any way.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the input!:bigthumbsup: btw, not much junk in the trunk:drool::a18:

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Give her the Credit card. Tell her there's a great sale at the department store. You go to bike show and take pictures for us of hot chicks posing all over aforementioned bike. Return to home in the evening after a great night of "partying with the buddies".....No need to thank me, you're welcome.:bigthumbsup::a18:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
in theory that is awesome, btw she is the one that makes the bike look all shiny. with all of our vehicles, i do the wrenching and she does the drenching(cleaning):pop:eek:h how i enjoy the shows :drool::drool::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
maybe i should just leave the seat on since i won the last show with it on...then she can ride with all day! or make my buddy with the harley w bags haul it to the show for me!!! harleys can be good for something:hot::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
maybe i should just leave the seat on since i won the last show with it on...then she can ride with all day! or make my buddy with the harley w bags haul it to the show for me!!! harleys can be good for something:hot::bigthumbsup:
lol now thats thinking!!! I`m thinking I`m going to hook up with ya next week end for that run you were telling me about if the offer is still open!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
ride with her on the rear seat and take the cowl along with you in a backpack. once you get to the show then swap them out and show off the bike with the cowl on it, the bike looks much better with it on.

once the show is over swap out the cowl for the rear seat and problem solved. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sent her in a car! good thing too, that way she could carry the 3rd place trophy home! no class seperation, 25 bikes and i was beat by a side car???? oh well

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Ouch! That sucks. When i have entered bike shows with no classes, it usually means i smoke the competition since everyone thinks all the bikes are the same.

·
Radio Active Member
27,670 Posts
I would not do it. Some guy picked up a chick at a bar and went to take her for a ride, and she fell off. If your bike is at a show, that means that you keep her nicely waxed, slippery surface. Plus it is at an angle and not flat or leaning towards you. Have her carry the cowl to the show.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I would not do it. Some guy picked up a chick at a bar and went to take her for a ride, and she fell off. If your bike is at a show, that means that you keep her nicely waxed, slippery surface. Plus it is at an angle and not flat or leaning towards you. Have her carry the cowl to the show.
Take a look at post #16.;):bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts