M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here are a couple.. i'm sure we've seen em before.. but this ones mine so :)..
Mods
Chrome Grill
Engine Guards
De-beaver tailed
Blue License plate lights
tank bra
chrome gas tank trim
headlight modulator
Full cut seat (if it ever gets here)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Nice, which license plate kit is that, it looks nice with the stock signals. Sort of what I was thinking about doing.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Looks great! :bigthumbsup: I did a very similar mod to the rear using the stock signals, but I pulled them in close to the plate. I'll try to post a pic tomorrow. The more I see the highway bars the more I think I like 'em. Can you install pegs on them and get a usable angle/height, or would it not allow you to stretch your legs out comfortably?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Looks good, Might want to be careful with the blue LED lights. I know here in PA you can get pulled over and cops are pretty unhappy if you have red or blue lights on your ride (bike or car).

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JMBJ said:
Nice, which license plate kit is that, it looks nice with the stock signals. Sort of what I was thinking about doing.
It is the kit on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/M109...008QQitemZ180010497378QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

whiteout said:
Looks great! :bigthumbsup: I did a very similar mod to the rear using the stock signals, but I pulled them in close to the plate. I'll try to post a pic tomorrow. The more I see the highway bars the more I think I like 'em. Can you install pegs on them and get a usable angle/height, or would it not allow you to stretch your legs out comfortably?
I think adding pegs to the highway bars would be comfortable... if your inseam isn't the longest, I wouldn't suggest it...

·
Registered
642 Posts
Moonbaby said:
Well here are a couple.. i'm sure we've seen em before.. but this ones mine so :)..
Mods
De-beaver tailed
Blue License plate lights

Hey Moon where did you go for alternate license plate lights that you need for the mod on the rear?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The license plate lights I found at O'riellys autoparts. They were just blue LED after market license plate bolts.. ( i am sure autozone, or advance or whoever would have them..)
Just measured where I could easily mount them and where i thought they would look good and drilled a couple holes.. added a couple nylon retaining nuts, soldered and heat shrinked the cables... then done... I wired them to old license plate circuit..

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Felix T Cat said:
Looks good, Might want to be careful with the blue LED lights. I know here in PA you can get pulled over and cops are pretty unhappy if you have red or blue lights on your ride (bike or car).
Same deal here in AR... I initially lit my plate blue then found out it was illegal after the fact... Fortunately it was easy to just swap over to white LED's.
I would check into it.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Moonbaby said:
Mods
l
De-beaver tailed
Hey Moon since you just installed your license plate kit have you noticed any vibration problems like it rattles or anything with the weight of the turn signals hanging off? I saw the kit you have on E Bay like you posted and it's 1/16" thick Stainless but others I've seen are like 7/64" thick has yours treated you ok so far?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
whiteout said:
Here's how I did mine. I'm not sure I like it yet. Still thinking about going with the little LED light pods.
I dunno. I kinda like that :bigthumbsup:.... I would just want to pull the front ligts in the same amount as the rear...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts