M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Clutch cable snapped last night. Barnett cable maybe lasted a year. So tryingnot to overthink this. Can I use a stock cable with 2inch risers? Trying to black out bike or anybody know where I can find longer black cable than stock? Finally is this a difficult install can a newbi like me install it or should I take it a dealer? I am under an extended warranty but since it was an after market cable I don't think its covered. I did a search but didn't find a video to help me install. Thx for any advice

·
Registered
550 Posts
Ive got the 2" risers with stock clutch cable and it has been 4000 miles with no problems. It is very close to not working.

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
it'd be a bit tight. I was using a longer barnett cable with stock risers to give more play and to reroute the cable around the motor mounts. Install is a little tricky but you should be able to do it, just take good pics of how the bottom is installed, that's the trickiest part. Helps to have someone with small hands to connect it down there. My wife was able to help me. Use the old cable to pull your new one through

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,874 Posts
Another little tip. Unhook the cable at the top and tie about 4" of heavy string to it. When you pull the cable out from below it will pull the string with it. When the end of the cable appears at the bottom, tie the tranny end of the new cable to the end of the string up top, then use the string to pull the new cable down. Once the end is down you can shove it back along the frame rail to the transmission.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts