M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The father of our country hidden by a 'box' by the NAACP (Free North Carolina blog)

The annual MLK observance at the state house in Columbia SC had an interesting twist this year. The event is held on the north side steps of the statehouse. Prominent at that location is a large bronze statue of George Washington. This year, the NAACP constructed a "box" to conceal the Father of His Country from view so that participants would not be offended by his presence

I'm not sure how true this is... I got it in an email but DAMN!!!!!!

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Nothing surprises me these days!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
You have got to be ******g kidding !
Good luck finding a more racist organization than those bastards, they not any better than the Clan.

·
Banned
39 Posts
If the naacp is racist, it is because they have had the best teaching a country could give. By the way this was a M.L.K. rally not a George Washington rally. Most African American do not give a dam about Washington.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
If the naacp is racist, it is because they have had the best teaching a country could give. By the way this was a M.L.K. rally not a George Washington rally. Most African American do not give a dam about Washington.
Well they cared enough about him to cover him up. What does that imply?:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
"As President, Washington did not lead a public fight against slavery, however, because he believed it would tear the new nation apart. Abolition had many opponents, especially in the South. Washington seems to have feared that if he took such a public stand, the southern states would withdraw from the Union (something they would do seventy years later, leading to the Civil War). He had worked too hard to build the country to risk tearing it apart.

Privately, however, Washington could -- and did -- lead by example. In his will, he arranged for all of the slaves he owned to be freed after the death of his wife, Martha. He also left instructions for the continued care and education of some of his former slaves, support and training for all of the children until they came of age, and continuing support for the elderly."

The previous is From: http://www.mountvernon.org/learn/meet_george/index.cfm/ss/101/

the following is mine.

I guess the point is that the times were certainly different and I would never condone slavery, but we must realize that that was then and this is now. If we are to overcome racial intolerance and inequity in this country we must move beyond this kind of behavior. I don't think it helps the cause any and I would highly doubt that the great Martin Luther King would approve. (my opinion) I think MLK was a great American and an awesome man, but his message wasn't about hating and disrepecting anyone. It was about fair and equal treatment of all people, regardless of race. It is time to move forward.
Peace.

·
Banned
39 Posts
If I were to stand upon George Washington grave, I would gladly( for my ancestors) piss on it. Even after the slaves were so called freed, this country still treated African American like slaves. We as African Americans should never forget the history of our people. Nor should we forget and hate the people the did it.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Victor
You do not speak for all African Americans and its attitudes like yours, regardless of race, that keep our country from moving forward. I'm not saying we should forget about the history of country, but we can't continue to dwell on something that can't be changed.

We all have to move forward and progress, we can't change the past but we can have a Say about our future. We all need to stop bashing each other, especially if you don't have an answer to a problem. Don't be part of the problem, be part of the solution.

I applaud Draggin for his research and comments. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Victor
You do not speak for all African Americans and its attitudes like yours, regardless of race, that keep our country from moving forward. I'm not saying we should forget about the history of country, but we can't continue to dwell on something that can't be changed.

We all have to move forward and progress, we can't change the past but we can have a Say about our future. We all need to stop bashing each other, especially if you don't have an answer to a problem. Don't be part of the problem, be part of the solution.

I applaud Draggin for his research and comments. :bigthumbsup:
Thank you sir.

·
Registered
106 Posts
If I were to stand upon George Washington grave, I would gladly( for my ancestors) piss on it. Even after the slaves were so called freed, this country still treated African American like slaves. We as African Americans should never forget the history of our people. Nor should we forget and hate the people the did it.
As you said "If I were to stand upon George Washington grave, I would gladly (for my ancestors) piss on it." You honestly think they would be proud of you? Only your ignorance keeps raciest alive by your own teaching. Total Shame.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Victor

Thank you sir! I applaud you! :bigthumbsup:

·
Banned
39 Posts
Chillirock,I never said I speak for all Afican Americans. Gixxerjeff I know that my ancestors would be cherring me on.devil1, I guess it is ok for you to bash the naacp and call them racist and worst than the clan.I guess to you fighting for equal rights for black is the same as trowing bombs in churches and hanging men, women and children. I for one dont know why you comment on topics about the U.S.. Please keep your concern in canada, being that is your country, not the U.S..

·
Registered
106 Posts

The viewpoint that "Africans" enslaved "Africans" is obfuscating if not troubling. The deployment of "African" in African history tends to coalesce into obscurantist constructions of identities that allow scholars, for instance, to subtly call into question the humanity of "all" Africans. Whenever Asante rulers sold non-Asantes into slavery, they did not construct it in terms of Africans selling fellow Africans. They saw the victims for what they were, for instance, as Akuapems, without categorizing them as fellow Africans. Equally, when Christian Scandinavians and Russians sold war captives to the Islamic people of the Abbasid Empire, they didn't think that they were placing fellow Europeans into slavery. This lazy categorizing homogenizes Africans and has become a part of the methodology of African history; not surprisingly, the Western media's cottage industry on Africa has tapped into it to frame Africans in inchoate generalities allowing the media to describe local crisis in one African state as "African" problem.
-Dr. Akurang-Parry, Ending the Slavery Blame

·
Banned
39 Posts
This post was never about Bikes. It was about bashing the naacp. That was all good and accepted to all that posted, untill I started to defind the naacp. in other words its ok to kick around black, but not when blacks start to kick back.Maybe you should have spoke up against the one who started this post.Devil1,Please keep you azz up in canada and out of the U.S. topics.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts