M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
2009 / VZR1800
Does anybody know what this little round mirror is on my 2007 M109R headlight.?
Is it supposed to do anything or is it just supposed to sit there and make me contemplate life.
It is an empty hole in North American Nines. In Europe and many
other countries there is a small light bulb there, its called "Parking light".
So in your case its a blank covering the hole in the reflector....

Registered
2007 M109R
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is an empty hole in North American Nines. In Europe and many
other countries there is a small light bulb there, its called "Parking light".
I'm one of those guys that can't leave anything alone. Is there a retrofit you can put a light in it or is there just supposed to be a flashing LED or is it used for parking

Registered
I have an 07 as well and there isn't any wiring for that blank. You could possible put one in there but would need to tap into the wiring harness for the headlight. There used to be some writeup in the How-To section when guys would put the strip of LED's inside the headlight that might give you some food for thought.

Registered
2007 M109R
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have an 07 as well and there isn't any wiring for that blank. You could possible put one in there but would need to tap into the wiring harness for the headlight. There used to be some writeup in the How-To section when guys would put the strip of LED's inside the headlight that might give you some food for thought.
Thanks I will.

Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
I would look at tapping into the Park function on your switch. That turns on the tailight, so if you added a bulb and tapped into that you would also have a light in the front.

Registered
2007 M109R
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Park Function?
I don't think I have a park function on my switch.
I only have a high/low beam switch . . .
So I went out and had a look at my ignition and low an behold I have a park option on my ignition key switch. DUUUUU!
You learn something every day 馃槀.
Thanks I'll toss it over

Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
Park Function?
I don't think I have a park function on my switch.
I only have a high/low beam switch . . .
So I went out and had a look at my ignition and low an behold I have a park option on my ignition key switch. DUUUUU!
You learn something every day 馃槀.
Thanks I'll toss it over
Now that you've found it you'll probably leave it on and drain the battery. You can turn it to that position and remove the key. That's how most folks find out they have it. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts