M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of Cortech nylon slant large saddlebags. I'm very satisfied with the way the bags look and was actually able to mount the yoke of the bags under the passenger pillion. My question is, I don't particulary like the way the bottom of the saddlebags sag in towards the bike and wondered if anybody had tried the Cobra saddlebag supports to prevent the bags from sagging? Thanks guys
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
I have just bought nylon saddlebags and had the same problem, I had a stainless shop make a luggage rack with saddle bag supports on both sides it solved the problem, I would post some pics but don,t know how. If you would like to e-mail me I will send some pics directly to you. The rack turned out very well, had many compliments. my email is [email protected] . Good luck, Kratto
 
G

·
Case, saw your post. I'll post the picture you sent me to help out. Glad you are enjoying the website. Told you it would be addictive bro.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That would be great if I could just get the lower part below where it mounts to the bike. Guess I'll have to find somebody to make me one. :bigthumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,035 Posts
kratto said:
I have just bought nylon saddlebags and had the same problem, I had a stainless shop make a luggage rack with saddle bag supports on both sides it solved the problem, I would post some pics but don,t know how. If you would like to e-mail me I will send some pics directly to you. The rack turned out very well, had many compliments. my email is [email protected] . Good luck, Kratto
Read here to learn how to post pics... http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=5.0
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Thanks Mike B for posting my luggage rack picture, I was surprised to see it, thought gosh that looks familiar, than I realised it was mine, you are so right this website is addictive. but informative and fun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,121 Posts
If you posted this with a subject of "cool single seat rack" and posted a pic there would already be 100 replies and 50 guys wanting one for them selves.
Some with the saddlebag guards and some not.

I like it, but want a backrest and rack for behind the wife

Sledzep
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
401 Posts
I have the cortech saddle bags and the tail bag and haven't had any issues UNTIL I put the tail bag on and failed to realize that one of the clips that goes in to the saddle bags was loose and you guessed it did some scratching. I do have the bungee buttons on and it keeps it from the side really good. I have kicked 110+ and no problems with it under the back seat, don't like it under the back cow but what ever.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
If you guys want a super nice pair of bags check out Klicbags - little hard to find. They don't ruin the look of the bike and disconnect in seconds. Just got mine - easy to assemble, but missing instructions on how to mount the rear bracket. I think they are manufactured in the Netherlands.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
Bruno said:
Case, saw your post. I'll post the picture you sent me to help out. Glad you are enjoying the website. Told you it would be addictive bro.

Dude that is a sweet setup! That is exactly what I am looking for. Now, can that rack be removed easily in less than 5 minutes?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
757 Posts
Bernardo said:
If you guys want a super nice pair of bags check out Klicbags - little hard to find. They don't ruin the look of the bike and disconnect in seconds. Just got mine - easy to assemble, but missing instructions on how to mount the rear bracket. I think they are manufactured in the Netherlands.
Bernardo, Did you buy those from their website? If so how long it take to getem? Anyone else try these yet?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Cortech Nylon Bags - under cowl?

I'm very interested in bags that can be quickly taken on and off without spending half the day removing hardware. These bags look like they'll do it, but I also don't want to have to mount the back seat just to use the bags. Can they be used under the cowl? Does anyone have pics of that setup?
Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,185 Posts
Those look good. I like the quick removial too, but I went with some leather pro bags here are some pic. Rotate 2 levers and they are off takes seconds.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top