M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going over the bike earlier today I noticed corrosion around the battery terminals. Is this normal or what?

oldfart

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
oldfart said:
Going over the bike earlier today I noticed corrosion around the battery terminals. Is this normal or what?

oldfart
It's normal and will occur over time. Clean the terminals and cable ends with a solution of 1 tablespoon of Baking Soda to 8 oz. warm water and pour it over the terminals. Repeat the procedure until the acid is neutralized. Dry the terminals and apply some petroleum jelly to the exposed lead/metal surfaces.

·
Registered
752 Posts
You can also purchase terminal pads that are supposed to minimize it.

However I don't think on a bike as new as yours that you should be seeing this.

I cannot believe your luck!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That was my first thought. Maybe I should consider cleaning the terminals part of my preventative schedule.

oldfart

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know. Some times I wonder if my thinker is working okay. I know my forgeter is on 24 hour alert.

Where did you pick your bike up from? I was at the new location of Access Rec. today and not overly impressed.
Being a dealer of RV's, boats, etc, I wonder if the bikes are just an after thought to fill and empty void.

oldfart

·
Registered
752 Posts
Escape, used to be Frandsens. They gave me a fair deal and they set it up right. Their service guys seem good too. Parts counter sucks.

Overall I was pleased.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't think there is a good parts department in Utah. There is a new parts store open on south state street in sl, but i havent been there yet.

oldfart

1 - 8 of 8 Posts