M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone changed out thier windshield on the second gen corbin ferring? Im trying to figure out how to messure it or should I say where to measure it from. Corbins site says FLHTC wind shields are the same. Thier sold in 6,8,10... inches . since the corbin is not straight across the bottom not sure where to measure from. This one is to cool but only in 6 or 8 and the best I can guess is the corbin is around 9.5 or 10 and I would like to go 1 inch higher then the stock corbin.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Hi Rockford.
I changed mine to a taller 10 inch. Came with the short dark one. When I looked at it, it had a part number on it. I will try to get out there tomorrow and look it up for you. But as I remember it is a harley windshield just like they say.
Bob

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Bob if ya could measure it from any given point. IE.. from center of middle screw, tip of center of ferring... and let me know what the length is so I know how far up it comes. Only one site that I found so far actually says they measure from the center bolt hole up. If that is the case then the corbin is over 10.

·
Registered
766 Posts
hi. sorry to hijack the thread but have you had any stability problems after installing the shield and going over 90mph? I have problems with mine

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the corbin ferrring ? no issue Im using the shield it came with which is probley considered a 10 inch. with that said the shield is angled back alot compared to some other shields. What do you have for yours? Hi -jack away my friend this is all good info to learn.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
I have a stock height one (10") that I got from m109anc, and it is great. Mine came with a 6" tinted shield that I will be using for the warmer months.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Mine is 6 inch and 10 inch from top to bottom and it is the harley screen from the model they gave you.
Bob

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Just went outside and measured the 10 inch one on the bike. 9 inches from the centerpoint on the fiberglass to the top of the shield. 11 inches to the middle bolt. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Bob, mine is 11.25 and 9.25 for the corbin shield. I guess i will have to call each place and see how they are measuring thiers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts