M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks -

There was a bit of discussion on the M90 board about the heated seat switch for the Corbin M90 saddles. A few folks thought they were buckles.

Anybody have any opinions on the switch? I'm getting ready to order my front saddle and I'd like the heated option but the switch is kinda turning me off.

What do you think?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I think it's just a bad photo that makes it look like a buckle. You could always replace the switch with something else or paint the silver part of the switch cover all black.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah - I asked Corbin via email whether they could paint it black or if it's a big deal to remove the chrome part to paint or discard. It looks like there are two screws fastening the chrome trim to the switchplate (and probably the switch inside the seat).

Perhaps we can remove the screws one at a time and move the chrome piece out of the way and reinsert the screw before removing the second one? I think it would look much better in a black chrome or gloss black paint...

I'll post up any replies or feedback I get from Corbin but it may be a few days as my contact at Corbin is out of the office this week...

Stay tuned...

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a Corbin heated seat on my 109. The switch looks fine and more importantly, it works great.
Yeah - I'm being overly picky. It's probably one of those things that grow on you. I checked out the M109 seat on Corbin.com and there's a nice close-up pic of the switch.

I'm pretty sure I'll be ordering the heated version of the seat - I ride until the first big snowfall and there were a few days last December when the heat option would have been really nice!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Corbin R&D said that "the heat switch plate is in one piece, so the chrome
part will not come off, but the heat switch plate can be easily removed
from the saddle, so you will be able to paint it yourself."

If the chrome switchplate still bugs me after owning it for awhile I'll paint it myself.

~ Blake

1 - 6 of 6 Posts