M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So how many have bought the Corbin smuggler? Any input? Likes Dislikes? We all know it is a little on the pricey side, but is it worth it in your opinion?

Let's see some pics...

Thanks, Paul

·
Registered
338 Posts
Excuse my ignorance......... what do you mean by "corbin smuggler"? I'm asking because I am trying to find a fairing that a member named "spudwrenches" has (I think he fabricated it ??? ). It looks a lot like a corbin- only better.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
malborolts has em hopefully he chimes in...
Thats mine. I got for small stuff storage on day-long rides. (small water bottle, phone, smokes, etc.) Main reason I bought it was for storage of my firearm, if for example riding with a group and stop at a watering hole, resturant, whatever...if they don't 'allow' weapons.

Paint is great, fitment needs a little tweaking, but I'm glad I bought it.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Thats mine. I got for small stuff storage on day-long rides. (small water bottle, phone, smokes, etc.) Main reason I bought it was for storage of my firearm, if for example riding with a group and stop at a watering hole, resturant, whatever...if they don't 'allow' weapons.

Would the grasshopper backrest/bracket still work on this?

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Thanks for the input. I actually think it looks great on the bike. I would like to see pics on a black one.

What tweaking did you need to do for fitment?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Told you I was kinda slow- also persistent. Get it now...

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Thanks for the input. I actually think it looks great on the bike. I would like to see pics on a black one.

What tweaking did you need to do for fitment?
The gap on the left side is not consistant, big gap at the seat and almost no gap at the A$$ end. I'll play around with some washers as shims to level it out. Just minor.

·
Registered
723 Posts

Really bro. My weapon is never off my person when i have it out.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Too much $$ for what you get IMO. I spent 50 bux on a tank bag that holds more stuff. I just take it w/ me when I get off the bike. To each their own. As long as you guys like them that's all that really matters.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
I ordered one in early October, it came in today. Thanks to MarlboroLts post about washers, I had no problem getting it installed with a fairly consistent gap. Fit was excellent aside from the need for washers, which as MarlboroLts said, is no biggie.

The thing I was more worried about was the paint, as my bike is 4 years old. And we all know that no two batches of paint from any manufacturer will be spot-on. The paint is almost a perfect match, the only thing being the metal flake looks a bit heavier than my stocker, which is probably a bit faded. Yeah, I wax it and keep it in the shade as much as possible, but four years is still four years. Its just about perfect, so no complaints from me.

It'll get used, like MLts said, for firearm storage more than anything else. But it will get used, and I am happy with what I got for the money.

I'll try and get some pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
Smuggler

For that much money the thing should be perfect. LOL:verymad:
It should be perfect,but far from it....if you throw quarters around like they are manhole covers,this product is not for you....very little storage....I have a small tank bag that holds 3times more junk...but it is nice to be able to lock up small valuables,or heat,for all you cowboys...latches and lock are OK,and like marb said,fit is easily dealt with a few washers...looks are so so..I wasn't so lucky with the paint matchup...soon as I opened the box,I knew the colour was off...felt like a 5 year old getting clothes for Christmas...this will never make Ryno's bang for the Buck section....gonna leave it in a sunny window in my garage for the winter and see if it will lighten up a bit..pain in the Arse:verymad:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts