M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FIVE friggin' hours messing around with this Corbin radiator. Granted I also installed the Cobra highway bars at the same time but in my opinion I have come to the conclusion that this was a rush job (kinda like their M90 seats). The brackets didn't line up for crap. Alignment is WAY off. One side sits nice and flush with the frame but the other...not so well. In my opinion this is not worth the asking price. I'd say $150 painted would be fair. Anyway here are a few pictures of the finished product:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Looks nice to me man, was it that hard to install? Do you think it will be the same with the other cobra highway bars?

·
Registered
127 Posts
IMO

Tough luck with the install... you think for that kind of money they'd get it right.

I have to agree with ya about the rush job though... I was holding off with my opinion until I saw it on a different colour than black... and it unfortunately has not changed my mind. It still looks like it doesn't suit or fit the bike... looks like an after thought (which it is). Looks good at some angles like the first pic, then not good at all for others (like the second pic).

It all comes down to personal opinion/taste... obviously a bunch of guys love it, unfortunately its not my taste -- cause a sweet shrowd that blends in well with the bike would be sweet. But then again... if that was so important I'd buy a 109.

·
Registered
838 Posts
It sucks that it was such a PIA. Makes you wonder at times if they actually had a bike there to go off of when creating things.
From looking at the pictures it looks sharp. :bigthumbsup: There are times when only the installer knows where, what and how big the flaws are on their bikes.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the replies. True that only the installer knows the flaws. You can see in the first pic how nice and flush it sits going down the length of the frame but in second pic to you can see the gap between the frame and shroud. I guess if it really bugs me I can redo it and hope for a better seating this fall before I put the bike away from the winter. Right now I don't want to fight the alignment again anytime soon. It is what it is at this point. :)

Got a date with the dealer next Saturday, purchased a HID kit from them in 8000K blue tint. That stock halogen bulb bites and the hi-beam IMO is laughable. Also slapping on a National Cycle VStream Tour windshield in light-tint.

Next season I'll debeaver but nervous buying RAW parts after reading some not-so-good reviews.

·
Registered
743 Posts
i wonder if it would look better if the black neck cover was painted too so it flows on down to the shroud

·
Registered
143 Posts
love the new ADT back rest - where can i get one of those ?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
FIVE friggin' hours messing around with this Corbin radiator.
Whew...I'm glad it wasn't just me who had a problem with the brackets lining up! Everything Corbin made for the M90 was a rush job, which I don't understand because they had Mike's bike for quite a while. The problem was, in my opinion, they were working on so much other crap that the M90 was rushed through and we ended up with ill-fitted products.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Duputy1042, did your shroud line up nice and flush on BOTH sides or just one?

As far as mounting, I would have used some other holes on the frame for the side and used the forward most hole and bolt used to hold the peg bracket.

Also when looking at the black neck pieces we have on our M90s, how its held on and looking at the shroud I call bull***** when Corbin says they couldn't work the shroud up there. I think they just didn't want to burn the man power on a single bike that has been in production only 2 years and has so-so sales.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Sure looks better than just the radiator, but I want to paint the neck plastic to match also. Thanks for the view on the bestest color I was hoping to see another color.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Deputy1042, did your shroud line up nice and flush on BOTH sides or just one?
Just one side...it's a bit off on the other side. If Corbin really wanted to make something that flowed, they could have made the entire shroud to run up the entire length and actually replace the ugly black plastic neck piece.

I'm planning on ordering the Pearl Nebular Black paint and paint the neck piece to match the shroud. If you're thinking of painting the neck piece blue, try this... http://www.colorrite.com/product/suzuki-ysf-metallic-triton-blue-2180.cfm

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just one side...it's a bit off on the other side. If Corbin really wanted to make something that flowed, they could have made the entire shroud to run up the entire length and actually replace the ugly black plastic neck piece.

I'm planning on ordering the Pearl Nebular Black paint and paint the neck piece to match the shroud. If you're thinking of painting the neck piece blue, try this... http://www.colorrite.com/product/suzuki-ysf-metallic-triton-blue-2180.cfm
Okay, that's what I feared. No sense trying to realign the shroud then. Thanks for the link to to color rite site for painting the neck.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hey,
I have a blue M90 also and am supposed to get my shroud next week. Do you think the paint matched up well?

·
Registered
743 Posts
Duputy1042, did your shroud line up nice and flush on BOTH sides or just one?

As far as mounting, I would have used some other holes on the frame for the side and used the forward most hole and bolt used to hold the peg bracket.

Also when looking at the black neck pieces we have on our M90s, how its held on and looking at the shroud I call bull***** when Corbin says they couldn't work the shroud up there. I think they just didn't want to burn the man power on a single bike that has been in production only 2 years and has so-so sales.
hold on guys our bikes may have been out for two years but have a look at what corbin has made for the honda fury they almost had a seat out when it first came out how long did it take for them to make one for the m90 same with the cobra swepts you could buy the swept pipes for the fury before you could even buy the bike so why the hell is it taking so long for things to be made for the m90 makes you think

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
hold on guys our bikes may have been out for two years but have a look at what corbin has made for the honda fury they almost had a seat out when it first came out how long did it take for them to make one for the m90 same with the cobra swepts you could buy the swept pipes for the fury before you could even buy the bike so why the hell is it taking so long for things to be made for the m90 makes you think
...cause we're wanna-be 109's? ;) We're overshadowed by the 9, that's were the money is IMO. Lesson learned for me. Check the aftermarket parts first. :bigthumbsup: Doesn't matter, I'll have fun with what I have for now but I see a Harley Road King or Victory Cross Roads in my near future. I'm going back to a touring bike for comfort. Probably the Road King for a ***** ton of mods and chrome for the sucker. My bad back and knee can't take the muscle bikes much longer.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I Think the shroud oin the blu one looks better in black, thats my opinion ;)

with the blue one it looks a little to playful, and not so cool as i like the M90

1 - 20 of 91 Posts