M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Corbin seats... ON SATURDAY. Gotta LOVE FedEx and their Saturday deliveries.Â

I ordered them just under 2 weeks ago and was told 3 - 4 weeks for delivery. They came early. I'm not complaining.Â

Early review: SWEET. The main seat is a lot more contoured "in" and you sit more IN the seat instead of on top of it. It "wraps around" your butt really well and offers some good lower back support. Everything lines up good. All you have to do is take the striker plate off the original seat and bolt it onto the Corbin seat. Haven't had time to put some miles on it yet. Rained a lot this weekend and I had family in town. The passenger seat has a nice "rear lip" contour to it for added support to the passenger. The removable backrest has to be installed before you put the back seat on, so it's a "before you ride" decision, but the good news is it does not detract from the sporty looks of the bike at all, so leaving it in always could be an option. It looks much better than any bracketed backrest out there.Â

I'll post some pictures tonight as I just got internet service back at my house this morning. Damn cable company!Â

New Pics:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Re: Corbin Seats Update: Pics attached

Those seats look awesome! I was borderline on getting them, but I think you just help me make up my mind. How many other 109 have you seen in your area.

G

·

looks awsome! if i rode enough on the street that would be the way to go cruise in style

·
Registered
1,676 Posts

Wow....nice, looks good and comfy. I would love to have them, but I got a problem with $$$$ how much they want for the 3 pieces.

Are they a must have ?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

The three pieces all together were just over $1100.00. If you're in the market for something more supportive, looks great with the bike and gives your passenger that needed backrest for comfort and confidance, then yes, these are WELL worth it. The biggest thing I like about the Corbins is the backrest is removable and it does't require those ugly brackets that are needed for the other backrests that are out there.

In reply to another poster, I have seen as many as 5 other 109s at the bike nights we have here. However, yesterday was the first time I've seen another one while I was out riding too.

·
Registered
210 Posts

EAGLEFAN67 said:
Wow....nice, looks good and comfy. I would love to have them, but I got a problem with $$$$ how much they want for the 3 pieces.

Are they a must have ?
You can buy just the main seat. Bought mine today with heat.

·
Registered
116 Posts

The seat does look good, and man has my wife been bugging me about getting her a backrest. But, $1100 bucks :eek:

Seems a bit pricey, even for Corbin.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

a friend at work just bought a Corbin one piece "all in one" front and back seat with a backrest for his HD sportster and it was $1000. And out seats take up a LOT more area than the sportster's two seats.

Yes, they're a bit pricey, but you do get what you pay for. I don't mind paying the money as lontg as the product is top quality. And these seats are just that.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hi there, first off I'd like to say awsome looking Corbin set up !! With that said I am more interested in your windsheild IE: what's the make & model # & is it functionable at higher speeds & such. I'm getting ready to go on a couple thousand mile tour & am looking for a winsheild ASAP. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance MOTTO!!

·
Registered
844 Posts

Is that passenger back rest robust enough to be the attachment for luggage in the event of a real road trip?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

In reply to Motto... The windshield I got is the Memphis Shades Shooter that is offered through Direct Line (Uper left corner of this page). It is very stable and offers good protection. This is the smaller, sportier shield and there are a couple more bigger ones offered on the site also.

In reply to tomph1... The backrest is solid. I'm 6'1", 300lbs. I got on the back and leaned on the backrest and it doesn't give at all. That sound robust enough for you? :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,215 Posts

Can you post some pics of the front seat and cowl? Thank, it looks great!

·
Registered
12 Posts

Congrats on the Corbin equip, looks great.

How close is the Corbin to the original Suzuki seat in terms of material and color? I am cheap and would like to only spend about $500 to get the rear saddle and backrest to use in combination with the original seat.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

vtxoak: I will try to get those pictures tonight with just the front seat and cowl on.

stressed: the grain on the corbin seats is a much more noticable grain. The "ridges" in the grain are much more pronounced. The factory seats are a much "smoother" grain and you will definitly notice a difference if you just get the front and use the original back seat. However, if you just occasionally use it, I wouldn't see why that would be a bad thing. Mine's on there pretty much permanantly and will rarely be using the cowl anymore. The 'lil lady loves to ride. What can I say? LOL

·
Registered
2,737 Posts

cdaniel76 said:
vtxoak:Â I will try to get those pictures tonight with just the front seat and cowl on.Â

stressed: the grain on the corbin seats is a much more noticable grain. The "ridges" in the grain are much more pronounced. The factory seats are a much "smoother" grain and you will definitly notice a difference if you just get the front and use the original back seat. However, if you just occasionally use it, I wouldn't see why that would be a bad thing. Mine's on there pretty much permanantly and will rarely be using the cowl anymore. The 'lil lady loves to ride. What can I say? LOL
The stock rear seat isn't very comfortable to the passenger, and I'm wondering what feedback your wife has on the comfort of the Corbin back seat. Have you been on any long rides yet, where she could compare from stock to Corbin.
:p

1 - 20 of 45 Posts