M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently received a new seat from CORBIN .....front seat only....has anyone had any experience with this.....mine didnt fit.....not even close....gap at rear of seat where it meets rear cowl....wouldnt latch into seat lock......?????? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
178 Posts
You have to take the bracket off the bottom of your stock seat and transfer it over to the new corbin. See link attached.

http://www.frappr.com/?a=viewphoto&id=1724092&pid=2536465

http://www.frappr.com/?a=viewphoto&id=1724092&pid=2536466

That whole silver assembly must be removed and installed on the corbin for it to latch into place. Also, you should put some washers into the assembly or only hand tighten the nuts, that way those metal lock pieces will stick out far enough to latch into place. Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
no problems on mine. the front is tight, make sure you've slid it forward all the way. also, mine didn't come with seat-lock hardware. i had to uninstall the old one off of the stock and put it on the corbin (been meaning to ask if others did this too). make sure you put it on correctly. i don't remember if it could accidentally be installed in reverse and make a difference.

·
Registered
210 Posts
After I installed the lock from my stock seat it took a number of on and offs before the seat would fit properly and snap on easily. Call their toll free number if this doesn't work. :bigthumbsup:

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
Mine fit perfectly and rides like a dream just like all the Corbin saddles I've purchased since 1985. This saddle has me sitting 1" lower, 1/2" closer to the bars, much cushier when seated rearward and best of all, the ridge lines that used to cut into my inner thighs have been eliminated by rounded off thus creating a much narrower front half. Best mod I've made yet and my @$$ and thighs thank me big time. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
974 Posts
seapup said:
Mine fit perfectly and rides like a dream just like all the Corbin saddles I've purchased since 1985. This saddle has me sitting 1" lower, 1/2" closer to the bars, much cushier when seated rearward and best of all, the ridge lines that used to cut into my inner thighs have been eliminated by rounded off thus creating a much narrower front half. Best mod I've made yet and my @$$ and thighs thank me big time. :bigthumbsup:

+1

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
I told my GF that if she wants to ride shotgun, she's going to have to order the matching rear seat and backrest. It's on the way! :D

GO BLURPLE!!!

·
Registered
974 Posts
seapup said:
I told my GF that if she wants to ride shotgun, she's going to have to order the matching rear seat and backrest. It's on the way! :D

GO BLURPLE!!!
The wife loves the backrest and seat is a ton more comfy she says. Now i just need an adaptor for rear pegs for her!

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
2006moy said:
The wife loves the backrest and seat is a ton more comfy she says. Now i just need an adaptor for rear pegs for her!
I think I'm going to try Kury Pilot pegs up front and ISO Wings out back, but was wondering the same... what to use for adapters out back. May give DLP a call tomorrow for adapter advice. Please post pics and part references when you get her done!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Funny, I seem to be the only one who has one of these that sits me further back than before. Mine didn't latch perfectly either, but after a few times on and off it sort of broke in and now it latches OK. Still don't like the firmness of it although the butt doesn't get numb or sore so fast so I guess it's working. I bought the heated seat and I have to say that it was worth the extra 90 bucks or so it cost me. That is one area that I was not expecting to work so well, but it really heats up to a hot temp. Overall I would give this seat a 7/10. I just can't see what everyone raves about with this seat. I was expecting much more comfort than this for $600.

·
Registered
974 Posts
seapup said:
I think I'm going to try Kury Pilot pegs up front and ISO Wings out back, but was wondering the same... what to use for adapters out back. May give DLP a call tomorrow for adapter advice. Please post pics and part references when you get her done!
Kuryakyn dont have adaptors for back pegs yet. just for up front :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Slowpoke, I'm with you. I sit back further and have to reach for the bars. The new set of risers from Big Joe just might be the ticket.

Krieghoff

·
Registered
974 Posts
slowpoke387 said:
 Funny, I seem to be the only one who has one of these that sits me further back than before. Mine didn't latch perfectly either, but after a few times on and off it sort of broke in and now it latches OK. Still don't like the firmness of it although the butt doesn't get numb or sore so fast so I guess it's working. I bought the heated seat and I have to say that it was worth the extra 90 bucks or so it cost me. That is one area that I was not expecting to work so well, but it really heats up to a hot temp. Overall I would give this seat a 7/10. I just can't see what everyone raves about with this seat. I was expecting much more comfort than this for $600.
Maybe after the breakin time your seat will improve sorry to hear its not comfy mine feels good to me and getting better with each ride.

Corbin Rep email to me said 2k miles for breakin.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I'm thinking that after 2k more miles, I'll be sitting further down but not forward or more cushy. I know I sound like a crybaby but I'm not ready to give it up either. It IS better than stock, just not as great as I thought it would be. I live in the Northeast and the cool nights are already beginning and so the heat is great to have and the old butt isn't as sore as it used to be so that's good. It's nice to know that someone else is sitting further back too. I think with a set of risers this seat will work out OK. Maybe it's just bending over and paying the price is what left my butt sore...

·
Registered
426 Posts
Mine was from a supplier and I'm certain it's not a knockoff. I'm going to give it time to break in, from what everyone says that really makes a big difference.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Ive only had a chance to put 600 miles on the new corbin.. I ordered directly from them as well.

Seat is improving but only slightly i think most of that is the amount of conditioner ive put on it.

IF THE DAMN RAIN WILL STOP, i can put more miles on it GRRR...

Ok i feel better now /rant off.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I just tried to order a corbin seat front and rear with oval backrest. Corbin advised via web site that they only sell outside USA through their agents. I am happy to do that but their list of agents is UK and Europe. Nothing for Austalia and New Zealand. Clearly this is the best seat and back rest setup for the 109. I want to buy one but because I live in New Zealand they don't appear to want to sell to me. I have written a general letter to them so here I am waiting.Last night ordered a screen from Rifle no problem 10 days delivery. Direct line parts delivered foot pegs in 10 days from order no problem.
Any suggestions
Cheers Phil

·
Registered
844 Posts
Coriman:

If you really want one, I'll order one for you and sent it to you (you pay ther shipping). But I think the Metcruze backrest is excellent -- and it comes from Australia. It's your choice. (pm me.)

AS far as the front seat not fitting "right" -- there are a couple of things that I've found out. #1 You can get a real good look at what is happening under the front seat by removing the rear seat (or cowling) --- thn you can look right in there.

#2 Corbin admits that the front seat may be "tight" -- they suggest putting one or two washers under the latch hardware if it won't snap on without them.

#3. You may have to loosen the rear seat and slide it all the way back (there is a few mm of play in it) to get the Corbin front seat on.

If all else fails: pm me, and I'll try to walk you through it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, just like everyone said....we managed to finally get our seat installed...it took several times of pushing firmly down to get it to latch...but seems to have "broken in" now and works perfectly....thanks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts