M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but my Corbin seat heats up so much that I have to turn it off after 15 minutes or so or my butt feels like I've been eating a combination of Mexican and hot wings.:redfaced:

Any ideas on how to get the temp a little lower?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any solutions out there?

I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem and maybe a solution. The corbin seat for the M109 only has 2 settings, on and off. If someone had already done a mod with a rheostat or other solution, I would really be interested in knowing about it.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
12 volt rotary dimmers

I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem and maybe a solution. The corbin seat for the M109 only has 2 settings, on and off. If someone had already done a mod with a rheostat or other solution, I would really be interested in knowing about it.
This site has what you need, not sure if 10 amp or 20 amp is needed. It has a wiring diagram too. Probably can mount it on the handlebars with a bracket under the mirror bolt. These are kind of pricy since they are marine grade. Might find something similar at an auto parts store.
http://www.sailorsams.com/mall/dimmers-ilvpc.asp

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks CBRDUDE. I was wondering if anyone had already done this. I am thinking of changing the on-off toggle switch on the left side of the seat with a rheostat knob big enough to handle with gloves on. I have the seat and the heated grips on the same 10 Amp fused circuit with no issues so far. I keep the bike inside and don't generally ride in the rain, so I'm not too concerned about marine level waterproofing. The trick will be to get a dimmer the right dimensions to replace the toggle switch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts