M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the story began when I decided to buy a Corbin "glove box" for the Corbin seats that came with the bike. I got tired of having to take a tank bag for the wife's and my crap. I knew they we expensive for the amount of storage they provide but it was enough for extra glasses, cell phones, bottled water, etc...

Well I called Corbin when I was home on R&R from Iraq, and ordered the glove box 16JUL10. The guy tells me that it will take 4-6 weeks. Well I was a little bummed not having it when I was home on R&R but figured at least it would be here by 1OCT10, since that was my scheduled return date.

I had the wife do all of the dealings with Corbin since by then I had gone back to Iraq.

Well a month goes by and my wife calls Corbin, the same Rep but don't remember his name, I know my wife might chime in and say exactly who it was. The Corbin Rep says that the first one that had been completed had runs in the paint and that they were repainting the glove box and that they stated "Corbin didn't want a substandard product to be shipped out". Now at this time I am still in Iraq and the wife states, "That's fine as long as it gets here before I get back from Iraq 1OCT10. It does make it to my house before I get home. The total time is now 9 weeks. My wife leaves it in the box so as not to mess up the paint.

I get home and open the box and i would of sworn they put the glove box in the packaging wet, the fumes from the paint were unbelievable. At the first glance there were 2 runs in the paint at the bottom of the glove box and there was literally a fingerprint in the paint that they clear coated over, WTF!!!. So now before I could get the phone to call them, you guessed it. Wife says, hell no I got this. And continue to go on and on with the same Rep about the issues and this was the second one and how could you not of seen the mistakes before you had sent it out. Of course the Corbin Rep couldn't believe that Corbin would of sent out a product with those issues. So, the wife had to email pictures back to the Corbin Rep and show the mistakes. Now by this time if I didn't have a better option to carry both of our crap I would of told them to shove it and take a refund, which I knew would have been 4-6 weeks to get my refund. So I have Corbin try one more time and sent me another glove box and this one is better but has a run in the paint on the bottom but isn't noticeable unless your underneath the glove box. So I bit the bullet and just kept the substandard product since I really wanted to ride with the wife.

Review of the glove box:
The finish is ok; I should have opted for the unfinished one. I had mine painted 07 LE blue and it's a little darker, but that could be to my paint being a little faded over time.

The box is not waterproof, the lid leaked in a little water. The seal for the lid is not symmetrical with the shape of the whole so the lid sits a little off. The hinge they use makes it impossible to adjust the lid when closed to be flush with the box. Its just not a real good and snug fit. Something that the assembly people should of done and not me. I will play with it more and see if I can get it better.

The locking mechanism is plastic (black) and doesn't line up in the center of the latch on the inside of the box. Still works but I'm a little picky.

Sorry for the long post, but I don't post much unless I feel it's pretty important. Just want folks to know what happened with my experience with Corbin and will never purchase another thing from them, lessoned learned.

All and all it took right under 10 weeks for the substandard box that I put on to finally get here.

·
Registered
140 Posts
thats a real shame. They have nice looking products but what i see consistenly on this site that their customer service sux. Their product aren't cheap so you would think that u get what you pay for, guess its not always the case.
I hope that they make it right by you. BTW thanks for you and your boys are doing out east and for keeping us safe. Stay low and keep firing.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Really sorry to hear this. I have read a bunch of threads over the last year about their quality and lack of customer service. Sometimes companies tend to get too big for their britches.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Corbin does it again.............................

Sorry to hear about your dissappointing experience with the most over paid and over rated supplier out there. Take care and enjoy your time at home.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I will enrich this post after I make Dreamer take me for a ride to clear my head and language :cus::edit: but I am sure it will take a few drinks :beer3: before I will be able to add my two cents!

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Corbin

:dontknow: How can things keep going so wrong with Corbin?
I got my bags here
http://www.mutazu.com/
They were 1/5th the cost, customer service was excellent, and I picked them up in San Jose and saved the shipping. Lots of other members have bought from them, haven't heard one complaint.
How can an importer that works out of a small warehouse beat a made in the USA product? Oh, I know, they give a hoot! How else can they ship a product with runs and a fingerprint in the base coat? They can't even blame a supplier or chromer. Pretty bad business.

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kev,
Wife has all the pics on her computer and I am sure she will post them. Just not sure how well they will be viewed on the board. If I knew how to add those red circles to a photograph i would. We'll see what she comes up with.

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:dontknow: How can things keep going so wrong with Corbin?
I got my bags here
http://www.mutazu.com/
They were 1/5th the cost, customer service was excellent, and I picked them up in San Jose and saved the shipping. Lots of other members have bought from them, haven't heard one complaint.
How can an importer that works out of a small warehouse beat a made in the USA product? Oh, I know, they give a hoot! How else can they ship a product with runs and a fingerprint in the base coat? They can't even blame a supplier or chromer. Pretty bad business.
Believe me CBR I wish there was someone else that made something close to the glovebox for the Corbin backrest.

·
Registered
106 Posts
OH, you will my friend, you will. Here it comes.........:edit:
I saw the carnage last week in person. Shane and his wife were kind enough to loan me a tank bag. I was really excited to see the corbin piece as I really liked the idea of the smugler but after seeing the lack of quality I think I'd be better off going to autozone and building my own fiberglass model.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Kev,
Wife has all the pics on her computer and I am sure she will post them. Just not sure how well they will be viewed on the board. If I knew how to add those red circles to a photograph i would. We'll see what she comes up with.
just draw right om the monitor, and then take a picture of that... lol:joke:

:D:D:D:D

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I will enrich this post after I make Dreamer take me for a ride to clear my head and language :cus::edit: but I am sure it will take a few drinks :beer3: before I will be able to add my two cents!
LMAO,,,,,,,,,,,,,Give em their what fors Mrs. M109...............:agree:

·
Registered
86 Posts
First let me say that I have always been known for going out of my way to help others and will put up with most until you **** with my family and friends then you better start running because I won't stop till I run you over and back up and run you over again! And at this point they have ****ED with my hubby and I am the only one who is allowed to do that! :a18: :hot:
So if they say a picture is worth a thousand words here you go and I will share more later

·
Registered
86 Posts
First let me say that I have always been known for going out of my way to help others and will put up with most until you **** with my family and friends then you better start running because I won't stop till I run you over and back up and run you over again! And at this point they have ****ED with my hubby and I am the only one who is allowed to do that! :a18: :hot:
So if they say a picture is worth a thousand words here you go and I will share more later
I couple more! I am not going to enjoy a nice cold one! ;)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts