M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I took the plunge, and I chose this over the Jardine quick detach because it's just plain plug and play! Replaces stock passenger seat with the two bolts, and has the backrest inside the seat! Trick setup. Yes it was pricey - $550, bout $200 more than the Jardine, but it will look a whole lot hotter and I won't have to mess with any hardware or frames I can potentially scratch my baby with! Her or the bike! :p

Getting the basketweave seat with no welts to match my LE stock seat.

Anyone who has, feedback is appreciated. Otherwise, will report back my experience. Custom made seat, so should be a few weeks yet.

·
xxx
210 Posts
Well, I took the plunge, and I chose this over the Jardine quick detach because it's just plain plug and play! Replaces stock passenger seat with the two bolts, and has the backrest inside the seat! Trick setup. Yes it was pricey - $550, bout $200 more than the Jardine, but it will look a whole lot hotter and I won't have to mess with any hardware or frames I can potentially scratch my baby with! Her or the bike! :p

Getting the basketweave seat with no welts to match my LE stock seat.

Anyone who has, feedback is appreciated. Otherwise, will report back my experience. Custom made seat, so should be a few weeks yet.
My wife loves her Corbin and backrest. But put some Loctite on the screw that holds the backrest in place. It will loosen up after a while and your passenger doesn't want to find out the hard way that there is nothing to lean back on.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My wife loves her Corbin and backrest. But put some Loctite on the screw that holds the backrest in place. It will loosen up after a while and your passenger doesn't want to find out the hard way that there is nothing to lean back on.
NO-TED!! Thanks! Does it feel substantial? I.E. she can relax on it? Feels safe? I got the Ovalbac T, which is the taller touring one. My girl is only about 150, so I am not so worried, just curious.

·
Registered
194 Posts
that's right, you said it all. My wife freeked out when she saw how much it was, but now she really likes it. She feels much safer than the stock with $100 mod and also the seat itself is much wider.

BDK

·
Registered
852 Posts
My name is Diggy, and I approve your purchase :bigthumbsup: I ordered the rear seat and back rest thru my friends shop, and only paid $456 shipped

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Got the seat this week.........her exact words were "so relaxed, I almost forgot to hold on (to me)". And she said it really pinned her down during a full throttle run!! :bigthumbsup:

Just one quality issue - I wish they'd have better fit and finish in the set screw adjustment area, I can see foam. And I had to clean it out as there was foam overspray everywhere in that seam! Maybe I'll talk to an upholstery shop about a velcro cover or something.........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts