M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, for those of you that are interested, I have not heard any word back since I sent in about 12 pictures and a very shakey, out of focus video to my corbin rep. I was told that they would be passed along to the design team. Now, I'm no seat expert, but my thinking is it would be way easier to tell what's wrong if they had ASKED ME TO SEND THE SEAT BACK! I mean, seriously, I know my pictures were fantastic, but how much can you tell from a picture? I also stopped by my friendly neighborhood suzuki dealer, where they have an '06, '08, and '10 LE, and they let me pop my seat on all of them. Now, we all know they're the same, but I thought maybe corbin didn't know that (It didn't fit on any of them). Starting to get annoyed.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I had already ordered (and paid for) a seat. The one they sent doesn't fit properly on my bike, and there are numerous flaws in the design and the leather. This is my experience with their customer service reps trying to get my problem fixed.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I order a seat from them on 2 march 2010 and they had to send it back twice bc it wouldn't fit right and the second one even had a tear in it so don't think they will get in a hurry sinc I just recieved my seat last wed they put it back on the line and they don't get in a hurry at all to get it back they hbe ur money. I paid close to 1000.00 for my two seats and sissy bar and the one I have still is a tight tight fit but what do you do. Hell my rep didn't even keep me updated with a status or anything they didn't offer any discount or anything at all for having to wait that long I will never buy anything from Corbin again I don't care what they have I'm done with that.

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
As far as seats go, go custom. There is someone on here (Baldilatino or something like that) that has some great looking seats. Or else, you can go to your local upholtery shop and have them do you a set. I am pumped about mine and They only charged $185.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I remember when I had a corbin seat...it was terrible, I sent my stock seat into mean city cycles and had it restuffed with double memory foam, its super comfy now, way more than the damn corbin was. Only thing I like with the corbin was the passenger backrest.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
<Clears throat>
Dear Corbin,

Hello. I just wanted to tell you that I am extremely impressed with your cunning marketing skills. I too am on the verge of making my million. Like you, I have taken advantage of most of the hard working, motorcycle enthusiasts, by selling the a sub-standard product, at premium prices! Right now we're in the developmental stages of a new product. (We, like yourselves, have completely cut the research process.) This product will massage the riders butt, while he/she is riding (It's much easier to fark them in the arse, if they're relaxed, metaphorically speaking of course.). We will do this by putting inline spark arrestor, on 1 spark plug wire! We're going to call it "Korben's Super Sodom-izing Electro Caresser". It will retail for $549.99. Some will work, some won't. We do that purposely, because even negative publicity, is still publicity! We have a guarantee alot like yours. Give the run-a-round, until they get so pissed off, they just give up. If they don't give up, we'll just say that the seats went through our "Quality Control" and would not have left in that condition. Subsequently, blaming "Joe the Rider" for attempting to customise! I may not be in business forever, but that's ok... I made my money. Right? Haha. Well, anyway, just wanted to say thanks! You are leading the way in selling pleather-coated chit!

Yours truly,

Peter Gosinyabut

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
<Clears throat>
Dear Corbin,

Hello. I just wanted to tell you that I am extremely impressed with your cunning marketing skills. I too am on the verge of making my million. Like you, I have taken advantage of most of the hard working, motorcycle enthusiasts, by selling the a sub-standard product, at premium prices! Right now we're in the developmental stages of a new product. (We, like yourselves, have completely cut the research process.) This product will massage the riders butt, while he/she is riding (It's much easier to fark them in the arse, if they're relaxed, metaphorically speaking of course.). We will do this by putting inline spark arrestor, on 1 spark plug wire! We're going to call it "Korben's Super Sodom-izing Electro Caresser". It will retail for $549.99. Some will work, some won't. We do that purposely, because even negative publicity, is still publicity! We have a guarantee alot like yours. Give the run-a-round, until they get so pissed off, they just give up. If they don't give up, we'll just say that the seats went through our "Quality Control" and would not have left in that condition. Subsequently, blaming "Joe the Rider" for attempting to customise! I may not be in business forever, but that's ok... I made my money. Right? Haha. Well, anyway, just wanted to say thanks! You are leading the way in selling pleather-coated chit!

Yours truly,

Peter Gosinyabut
:a20:

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HAhahahahaha. Hink you kill me. This is just a bizarre situation. My rep got back to me and forwarded me to his manager. Now, I know Corbin has the ability to make a good seat. I've seen nice Corbin seats! Some people love theirs, and I really want one that I can love too. I do regret not going with Baldylatino, but the die has been cast. Now the other manager wants to look at the pictures and video, like I'M the one trying to rip THEM off. Seriously,you know what works better than analyzing pics and vids? Take my seat back and try and stick it on a 9. ANY 9! It just won't work. ARRRRRGH! I just want to Hulk out and smash something!

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Why are you messing around with these clowns? Send the POS back, tell them to refund your $$ (also file a report with your credit card, you will get much quicker results) and call Baldly.

Hey dumb chit Corbin, this BS is unacceptable. Fix this or lose the 9ers business for ever. You can stop the production on the smuggler you are making for us, because I will personally post all the negative crap from this thread in every thread that even mentions the word Corbin, from here out.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I really really want to, but the last thing I need is them claiming not to have received the seat or who knows what else. The credit card option is already in the works. It really sucks living in another country than the place you order from if you get screwed over. On the plus side, I heard from DLP that my order shipped today, and Rainey got back to me with some answers, so the neverending quest for the perfect bike is moving forward again after this setback...

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
<Clears throat>
Dear Corbin,

Yours truly,

Peter Gosinyabut
that is great. never heard that before.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I really really want to, but the last thing I need is them claiming not to have received the seat or who knows what else. The credit card option is already in the works. It really sucks living in another country than the place you order from if you get screwed over. On the plus side, I heard from DLP that my order shipped today, and Rainey got back to me with some answers, so the neverending quest for the perfect bike is moving forward again after this setback...
Get an RA# from them and send it back using a tracking # and a signature required so you have an exact record of when it got there and who received it. Then it's on them, not you.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Actually Bear an I have been talking behind the scenes as I did with Panchester and I talked to the guys at the MFG plant today about his and Panchesters seat. Panchesters is in the works as we speak and I told bear to NOT talk to FLA but to deal with hollister and who to talk to there. But he had already started. I just finished telling him in a PM to go to Hollister and he has a new e-mail to talk to. We [Corbin] also talked today about taller people and where it has to be cut as they were fitting me for mine. If he does not get an answer in a day I will send his address and this thread to them personally. And no I am not on the payroll. Just if I can help the guys here I will try my best.
Bob

1 - 17 of 17 Posts