M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I ordered a set of fleetliner bags and a fairing from them. The bags come in, apparently they packed them before the paint had cured because the texture from the packing bag was imprinted. ok, that happens, there were also significant runs along with a spot on the corner that was missing paint. Should have been simple, dealer called and told them what happened, they were not the least bit cooperative. after a week and a half of back and forth they finally issued an ra number and shipping tag. (exact quote, "I cant see any thing wrong with them in the pics" What are you looking at the pics on? "my black berry") ok problem solved right... NO Fairing arrives two weeks later... Same thing, at this point I am getting frustrated. So now they fight with us and say that I am being to picky... A fairing and bags that the finish looks like denim on is not ok. They still havent issued a RA for the fairing and it literally looks like a pair of jeans... with a few runs. Does any one have any suggestions for dealing with Corbin, they really seam like they dont care at all. Has any one else had this problem with there products? I would think for what they charge they could do a little quality control and at least eliminate the runs.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
There have been LOTS of negative posts on this forum about Corbin's lack of customer service and poor quality control. I will NEVER buy a Corbin product.....way overpriced anyway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would love to not be rude to these people. However, the 5 time I have called I have been either put on hold for over 30 min or hung up on. Its fairly frustrating. I Will not pay for shipping for a product that they let leave there factory in this condition. I already got hosed with the 250 shipping to the dealer I will be damned if I am going to pay another 500 for shipping back and back to me for there screw ups. I am fairly disgusted with the way they have handled this. I am in business and in the event that I do mess up I jump threw my hind end to make things right with the customer and make sure that they are happy. they have been dragging there feet on this one, they have had the 20+ megapix pictures for over 2 weeks now and are still refusing to issue the return authorization number. I will be contacting the BBB tomorrow if I don't get answers. Its the only option that I have in this case, aside from taking a trip down to the Florida office to visit with JR. Our ridding season in WI is short enough I might as well just have ordered these for next season.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Repaint?

I know how this may sound to you at this point, but if it were me in your shoes, knowing what I do about Corbin, I would have them repainted at a local shop. It may be cheaper in the long run.
Can you imagine how frustrated you would be to pay $500 for more shipping, just be be back where you are now.
I have no confidence they will get it right the second time, or umteenth time.
I bought my Ultra fairing unpainted, and had it prepped and painted by a local paint shop that does mainly Harleys. He is a perfectionist, and 2 years later my paint looks like liquid glass.
It's a bitter lesson for you for sure, but their customer service is worse than their paint jobs.
Cut your losses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts