M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen these vest/poncho style cold vests that you wear under your cloths, the army Canadian/USA uses them while in the desert, apparently, all you need to do is dip them in water and they will keep you at a cool 21Celsius 71-72 Fahrenheit for about 24hrs then just re-dip, they are black in color they cover your neck chest and back I saw a picture of them but the dealer said they couldn't get them for this season, they are expensive he said. Has anyone ever seen this product, used it, or knows anyone whom has it. I'll get the exact name next chance i get and post it.

We are having another heat wave this week and man I'd love to get one of these.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Do a search under "Aerostitch". It will take you to Rider Warehouse, then look through their catalog. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
those look cool and affordable but there not the ones i saw, the one you suggested requires wind and dont go around the kneck, anyone else know?? I'll phone the dealer, check back soon.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Heck I thought you said they were expensive... Then again, I was also expecting an actual vest, not something that just covers your shoulders. I wonder if your clothes stay dry (I may actually read the details now to find out that question has already been answered....

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was told the military use this and its under there armour and cloths ya they stay dry as far as I know, the pic i saw i thought the chest and back part went down farther. maybe there are others just not on the link provide. either way i love it my dealer just cant get them yet, not till sept. maybe i should order from the USA. maybe i wont get the outrageous price hike either, we shall see I'll give them a chance to get it.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I just asked my brother and law who is in Iraq right now. He said they have some circulation vests that have a built in fan motor but nothing like what you are talking about. He said they really don't keep you cool just helps circulate the hot air. He was not impressed. Hope this helps :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
was he US or Canada? hmm, Cool that you called him maybe send him one of these, was he not impressed with what they are using or that you called?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts